Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Main article: Attributes (Oblivion)
Luck plays a part in other aspects of the game, as well. For example:
- Luck affects the chances of contracting diseases. The Hero has a better chance of resisting disease as their luck increases. If their luck drops below 50, they have a better chance of catching a disease, to the point where a simple hit from most disease giving creatures will contract a sickness.
- When betting at the arena, the combatant from the team that was bet on will have higher health based on the luck attribute. The higher the luck, the more health the combatant will have.
- Luck may or may not affect enemy loot but testing has not been conclusive.
- Luck will occasionally stop traps from activating until one passes.
Luck affects a skill's overall performance. When one's luck is greater than 50, it adds a bonus to all skills. If luck is less than 50, it adds a penalty to all skills. The formula for the bonus or penalty is:
- Skill + (Luck-50) * 0.4 = Modified Skill Level (<100).
The following table lists the effects of increasing and decreasing luck on a generic skill of level 50:
- 000 Luck -- 30 Skill. [-20 net]
- 010 Luck -- 34 Skill. [-16 net]
- 020 Luck -- 38 Skill. [-12 net]
- 030 Luck -- 42 Skill. [-08 net]
- 040 Luck -- 46 Skill. [-04 net]
- 050 Luck -- 50 Skill. [+0 net]
- 060 Luck -- 54 Skill. [+4 net]
- 070 Luck -- 58 Skill. [+8 net]
- 080 Luck -- 62 Skill. [+12 net]
- 090 Luck -- 66 Skill. [+16 net]
- 100 Luck -- 70 Skill. [+20 net]
In short, Luck's effect varies from -20 (Luck = 0) to +20 (Luck = 100), or +4 skill for every 10 points of Luck. Since the base value of luck is 50, the only time there will be a penalty is when luck is being lowered by a Drain Attribute: Luck spell.
Luck continues to provide a benefit if it goes over 100, up to a maximum value of 300. Theoretically, this would give each skill a bonus of 120; however, the only two skills that actually continue to affect gameplay over 100, namely Athletics and Acrobatics, are not affected by the Luck algorithm in any way.
- Information about the luck attribute was provided by Scy046, contributing author to MichaelCrosato (MykC)'s Faq on Stats and Leveling at GameFAQs. See here: GameFAQs: Detail Stats/Leveling Guide