A Lumber Mill is a type of building and/or settlement found throughout Skyrim. These are small structures found alongside a major water source with a mill for cutting lumber. They are also referred to as wood mills. Most can be used as a way to earn money by chopping and selling firewood. Selling firewood to a mill owner will raise their disposition towards Dragonborn. By raising their disposition enough, they will eventually give permission to cut lumber personally. Cutting one log will produce ten sawn logs. These will go directly to the Dragonborn's Homestead, if one is owned.
Alternatively, with the add on The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire, sawn logs can be purchased at lumber mills throughout Skyrim for 200 per twenty sawn logs.
List of lumber millsEdit
- Anga's Mill, west of Windhelm
- Deadwood Lumber Mill, Falkreath
- Solitude Sawmill, Haafingar
- Half-Moon Mill, Falkreath, at Lake Ilinalta
- Heartwood Mill, The Rift, at Lake Honrich
- Dragon Bridge Lumber Camp, Haafingar
- Mixwater Mill, Eastmarch
- Riverwood's lumber mill
- Morthal's lumber mill
- Ivarstead's lumber mill