Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lurkers can be seen throughout Apocrypha, usually guarding tomes of forbidden knowledge, though they can also be Randomly encountered on Solstheim attacking the local wildlife and populace. Lurkers will also appear when the Dragonborn cleanses the stones that have been corrupted by Miraak by using the Bend Will shout on them. This is obtained by doing the quests The Fate of the Skaal and Cleansing the Stones during the Dragonborn questline.
A Lurker's melee attacks consist of swipes with its claws and the use of their large legs for stomping attacks, which can stagger opponents. It also causes a mass of poisonous, writhing tentacles to appear at the base of its foot. The poison damage is equivalent to that of the effect Lingering Damage Health. They can extend tentacles from their mouths for an attack called "Lurker Spray" which causes 8 points of damage. They also have a ranged attack called "Acid Spit" which deals between 10 and 20 points of damage over 5 seconds. Some of their attack animations are similar to giants.
|Type||Level||Stamina||Soul size||Base ID|
- Although they cannot be conjured, the Bend Will shout can be used to make them temporary allies.
- Lurkers will appear during the quest Cleansing the Stones, and this can be quite a critical time as there are usually NPCs around the stone that will attack the Lurker, and have no chance of killing it. This is most prevalent when cleansing the Earth Stone just outside Raven Rock.
- During the quest Cleansing the Stones after defeating a lurker if you look to the sky you can see what appears to be the spirit of a lurker. After the spirit comes off the next stone you cleanse, you will see another lurker most likely being the other one's spirit.
- Like other creatures associated with Hermaeus Mora, Lurkers appear to have been inspired by the Deep Ones from H. P. Lovecraft's Cthuthu Mythos.
- Lurkers have also been seen using the same club-across-the-shoulders stance as giants. However, they do this without the club.
- Two or three Lurkers may come out of the ocean near the Beast Stone.
- Lurker Slime is an acquirable spell via console command, the base ID is
- Rarely when a Lurker uses the stomp attack when you or a NPC has low health, you might be flying in the air upon death. This is shared with Giants and Frost Giants.