|Base ID||See table|
Lurkers can be seen throughout Apocrypha, usually guarding tomes of forbidden knowledge, though they can also be randomly-encountered in Solstheim attacking the local wildlife and populace. Lurkers will also appear when the Dragonborn cleanses the stones — corrupted by Miraak — by using the Bend Will shout on them. This is obtained by doing the quest Cleansing the Stones during the main questline.
Lurkers usually carry leveled gold and enchanted jewellery. Often they carry a unit or two of netch leather.
A Lurker's melee attacks consist of swipes with its claws and use of their large legs for stomping attacks, which can stagger the opponent. It also causes a mass of poisonous, writhing tentacles to appear at the base of its foot. The poison damage is equivalent to that of the effect Lingering Damage Health.
They can extend tentacles from their mouths for an attack called "Lurker Spray" which causes 8 points of damage. They also have a ranged attack called "Acid Spit" which deals between 10 and 20 points of damage over 5 seconds.
Some of their attack animations are similar to giants.
|Type||Level||Stamina||Soul size||Base ID|
- Lurkers will appear during the quest Cleansing the Stones, and this can be quite a critical time as there are usually NPC's around the stone that will attack the Lurker, and have no chance of killing it. This is most prevalent when cleansing the Earth Stone just outside Raven Rock.
- Like other creatures associated with Hermaeus Mora, Lurkers appear to be inspired by creatures from H. P. Lovecraft's Cthuthu Mythos stories. In their case, they seem to be inspired by the physical descriptions of the Deep Ones.
- Lurkers have also been seen using the same club across the shoulders stance as giants, however without the club.
- Lurkers may drop slaughterfish eggs, perhaps alluding to an ancestor from which they evolved due to Hermaeus Mora's corruption.
- Two Lurkers may come out of the ocean near the Beast Stone.