M'raaj-Dar is a Khajiit merchant in the Cheydinhal Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. He sells a variety of items, including some unique enchanted weapons and Poisoned Apples, and is also a spell merchant with unique Dark Brotherhood-themed spells. He is notable for his instant and great dislike of the Hero of Kvatch, which he eventually renounces towards the end of his life.
M'raaj-Dar dislikes the Hero when they first join the Dark Brotherhood and talks aggressively to them. Unless playing as a Khajiit, M'raaj-Dar will call the Hero a "foul-smelling ape." He refers to a Khajiit Hero as a "house cat" and "a disgrace."
Upon beginning The Purification, he says he likes the Hero for all that they have done in the Dark Brotherhood, and would gladly be their friend. Unfortunately, completing the Purification requires the Hero to kill him.
M'raaj-Dar is one of the members of the Cheydinhal Sanctuary who must be killed during this quest.
- Assorted Enchanted weapons and apparel, including the following unique items:
- Bow of Infernal Frost: 10 points of Fire and Frost damage on hit
- Perdition's Wrath: a battle axe that deals 20 points of Fire damage in 50 feet
- Eye of Sithis: an amulet with Detect Life 30 feet
- Hands of Midnight: Leather gauntlets with a very rare combination of Chameleon, Fortify Hand-to-Hand, Resist Normal Weapons, and Sun Damage (wearer takes damage when outdoors during the day) enchantments.
- Random poisons and potions
- Random scrolls
- The Five Tenets book
- One soul gem
- One repair hammer
- Five Poisoned Apples
Spells for saleEdit
|Spell||Skill Level Required||Effects||Base Magicka Cost|
|The Unwelcome Guest||Novice (5)||Open Easy Lock on Touch||10|
|Baronoff's Bloody Icicle||Journeyman (50)||Frost Damage 30 pts on Target||132|
|Black Winter||Expert (75)||Frost Damage 20 pts on Target|
Paralyze for 2 secs on Target
|Deathly Visage||Journeyman (50)||Invisibility for 35 secs on Self||112|
|Shroudwalk||Journeyman (50)||Chameleon 15% for 30 secs on Self||98|
|Void Gazer||Apprentice (25)||Night-Eye for 150 secs on Self||54|
|Will of Sithis||Expert (75)||Command Humanoid up to level 6 for 25 secs on Target||315|
|Detect Pulse||Apprentice (25)||Detect Life 30 ft for 65 secs on Self||38|
|Bloodhunt||Expert (75)||Detect Life 50 ft for 150 secs on Self||191|
|Night Mother's Caress||Apprentice (25)||Restore Health 10 pts for 2 secs on Self||33|
Note: "Base Magicka Cost" refers to how much magicka it costs to cast the spell without factoring in player's skill level, attribute level, and individual spell effects. Generally, magicka costs are higher.
- M'raaj-Dar cannot be invested in even if the Hero has the required mercantile skill.
- He will buy stolen items.
- After completing the Dark Brotherhood questline, a female Dark Brotherhood Murderer will take M'raaj-Dar's place and sell his wares and spells at the end of the Dark Brotherhood storyline, though she will not sell the unique items that M'raaj-Dar sold.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (First appearance)