If the Dragonborn pursues the Thieves Guild questline, then, at one point, the Dragonborn will deliver moon sugar to Ri'saad. Doing so will unlock all Khajiit trading caravan merchants as fences for stolen goods.
Sometimes, Ma'dran will appear at the Dragonborn's wedding.
If Malborn survives after "Diplomatic Immunity," he will be found hiding in the New Gnisis Cornerclub in Windhelm from the Khajiit Thalmor assassin, J'datharr. Ma'ran may be found near the assassin outside the city and the Dragonborn may ask about J'datharr being part of his caravans.
Has the war made your travels difficult? "Quite the opposite, in fact. The soldiers are some of our best customers, for we offer supplies and wares they cannot obtain by other means. It was Ri'saad's idea to come here now, while the land is in turmoil. Where others saw only danger, he saw opportunity."
Do you work for Risaad? "He hired the others and paid for my goods. I am allowed to run the caravan, but I pay Ri'saad a percentage of my profits. I say this without bitterness, for it was Ri'saad who saved me from a life of servitude aboard a trading ship. I am grateful to have the life that I do now. It is a far cry from my days as an orphan on the streets of Corinthe."
Who owns the trading caravans? "It is Ri'saad who owns the three trading caravans that travel the roads of Skyrim. Long ago, I was an orphan on the streets of Corinthe. I stowed away aboard a trade ship that brought me here. It was Ri'saad who found me. He provided the funds to start this caravan, and put me in charge of it. I owe him more than I could ever hope to repay."
- "I welcome you friend, how may I serve you?"
- "May your road lead you to warm sands."
- "The warm sand of Elsweyr is far away from here."
- "I hope you will come to do business with us again."
- "May the sun keep you warm even in this land of bitter cold."
- "Warm sands, friend. How may I serve you?"
- According to Khajiiti culture, the prefix, "Ma," means, "Child, Apprentice," and is, "also used to imply virginity."