Ma'zaka is a hermit who lives in the lighthouse north of Solitude and is never seen leaving his home. As the keeper of the lighthouse, his sole responsibility is keeping the lighthouse beacon lit so that any ship sailing along the northern coast can safely navigate.
Having once been a sailor himself, Ma'zaka will often reminisce about bygone days on the sea. He will often nostalgically mention how much he misses the creaking of masts and the clashing of sabres.
Ma'zaka does not appreciate being visited while he sleeps during the day. He will, however, welcome any visitor that comes to see him during night time. He often gets excited when a visitor comes to see him, being surprised that someone would bother to come all the way to the lighthouse.
Ma'zaka might also be the target of a Thieves Guild job. Ma'zaka's Garnet must be picked from his pocket for Delvin. This sometimes does not get returned to Delvin and can be sold to a fence.
- "Oh my, old Ma'zaka has a visitor!"
- "What brings you all the way out here?"
- "Oh, for the salt spray, the creek of the mast and the clash of sabers. Those were the days..."
- Unlike most others in Skyrim, Ma'zaka only sleeps during the day, from 8 AM until 4 PM
- During the quest "Lights Out!," Ma'zaka will snap at the Dragonborn, telling the latter to leave. Upon completing the quest, Ma'zaka will once again act like his friendly self.
- Even after the Icerunner has run aground, Ma'zaka has been allowed to remain at the lighthouse as its keeper.
- Ma'zaka is likely a staunch drinker, as many empty wine bottles can be found right next to the fireplace inside his home.
- If Ma'zaka becomes a victim of burglary, he may send several hired thugs after the Dragonborn.
- Ma'zaka may become hostile if the Dragonborn has a large bounty.
- Ma'zaka is one of the few Khajiit outside of the Khajiit Caravans who are not bandits.