Madesi is one of the few remaining traditional Saxhleel jewelers within Tamriel. Bandits and other such troubles have made journeys to mines and other towns difficult. His profession becomes more and more difficult each day, thus he asks the Dragonborn for assistance with obtaining supplies. He rewards the Dragonborn with and an item of jewelry.
- A Chance Arrangement - steal Madesi's silver ring and put it in Brand-Shei's pocket.
Ringmaker quest items locationEdit
See Precious Gems for more information about some of these locations.
|Click to show|
- "Buying and selling fine jewelry here!"
- "Fine jewelry and gleaming gemstones over here!"
- "Jewelry with legendary Argonian craftsmanship!"
- "Beautiful baubles and gleaming gemstones, over here!"
- "Greetings honored friend. Can I interest you in some fine jewelry?"
- "Ours is to smile at your passing, friend."
- "If anything pleases the eye, don't hesitate to make me an offer."
- "Good journey, marsh friend."
- "Safe travels, Landstrider."
- If sneaking - "You remind me of the Shadowscales from the old histories."
- Quest markers do not appear on the map for Ringmaker errands. (This is because they do not have specific locations. Mammoths, NPC's, randomly spawned in chest, etc.).
- If the Dragonborn is Argonian, upon exiting conversation with him, he calls them "Marsh-friend". If the Dragonborn is not Argonian, he calls them "Land-strider"
- Madesi (and other vendors in Riften marketplace) can be killed by Thieves Guild members in the random fights.
- Despite being a jeweler and wearing expensive clothes, he sleeps in Beggar's Row on the lower platforms of Riften at night, most likely because of the troubles in his work.
- He can be killed by a dragon (or any other enemy/character) making it impossible to finish the ringmaker quests. (Save can be reloaded of course).
- He makes the Marks of Dibella for Haelga.
- Completing the quest "A Chance Arrangement" may cause Madesi to send hired thugs after the Dragonborn.
This section contains bugs related to Madesi. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes when Madesi is approached he will not be able to be interacted with. Entering and leaving a building should fix this.
- Madesi's base_id is invalid.
- Madesi's Silver Ring is sometimes missing from his strongbox during the quest "A Chance Arrangement."
- Fort Sungard rather than Riften. When trying to return the quest items to Madesi, when "show on map" is selected, it claims that he is in