|Skill Level||Apprentice (25)|
|Effect||Cast a ball of light that lasts 60 seconds and sticks where it strikes.|
Magelight is an Apprentice-level Alteration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Once cast, the player sends a small orb of light that travels in the direction he or she has aimed. When it makes contact with any solid object, (characters included), it stops and floats in mid-air, acting as a source of light.
- This spell may be used on a moving character or creature. When the spell hits the enemy, it acts as a little assistant and will follow the enemy until the spell's duration is up (like candelight). However, if the player attempts to cast it twice on the same person or creature while one orb is still floating around, the game may freeze.
- Combined with Frost Rune, Fire Rune or Shock Rune, Magelight becomes a decent Destruction spell.
- Magelight is a helpful spell to level up Alteration when at low levels, as the player may cast it anywhere at anytime with no negative repercussions. However, some characters may become aggressive if the spell is cast on them.
- The player may also move dragon bones by aiming the spell at the bones and casting the spell. It will move the bones until they hit another object.
- Allows the Dragonborn to open doors in the Soul Cairn casting the spell to the light orbs.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 87
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Farengar Secret-Fire sells this spell at Dragonsreach.
- Tolfdir sells this spell at The College of Winterhold, upon reaching level 25 Alteration.
- Faralda, the gatekeeper, may also offer to teach the spell in order for the player to gain passage to the College.
- Random merchant's inventory item.
- Random loot in chests/dungeons.
- Apprentice Alteration will reduce the cost of casting in half
- Stability will increase the duration by 50%
- There is no way to turn off Magelight before it times out.
| Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|