Malachite Ore VeinEdit
Malachite Ore can be purchased from Blacksmith merchants or manually mined from ore veins. Malachite ore veins are quite rare in Skyrim.
- 7 veins in Steamscorch Mine, directly Northeast of Kynesgrove. There are also three ingots and a single ore outside the mine entrance in a cart, which can be stolen. There is no waypoint, but you should see a door on the left of the pathway up the hill.
- 7 ores in Labyrinthian.
- 2 veins, along with 2 Ebony Ore veins and the Notched Pickaxe, at the top of the Throat of the World. This is near the peak above where Paarthurnax sits. Just try lots of hopping around and you will get there.
- 1 ore found on a shelf in the Wreck of the Brinehammer (Brinehammer Below Deck).
- Random drop from Falmer Skulkers.
- Random drop from Dwarven Spiders.
- Random drop from Gargoyles.DG
- 4 veins and some ores can be found in Ruunvald Excavation.DG
- 8 veins scattered through Dimhollow Cavern.DG
- Several at the Forgotten Vale, mostly along the river.DG
- Random drop from Ash Spawn.DR
- 1 vein can be found in the Glacial Cave, against the northeastern wall of the cave across from the Riekling hut.DR
- Main article: Smelting
|Malachite Ore (2)||2||60||Refined Malachite||1||100|
- In real life, Malachite comes in both opaque and transparent forms, depending on its molecular composition. The transparent version is visually similar to glass, and is likely where the equipment forged from this material gets its name.
- It is the only ore in Skyrim, other than Moonstone, that is actually a crystal rather than a metal.