Marcurio is a young male Imperial residing in the Bee and Barb of Riften. He can be hired as a follower for 500 . With an Amulet of Mara, Marcurio becomes a candidate for marriage. Choosing to live with Marcurio involves living at the Bee and Barb.
He can be quite fiesty and sassy, saying things such as "Try not to walk into any spike-filled pits or filthy skeever dens."
He is very interested in Dwemer culture and technology, though he admits he would like them more were they not constantly trying to kill him. When in Ancient Nord tombs, he reflects on his seemingly extensive knowledge of Nordic culture and history.
Marcurio specializes in destruction spells. He prefers to cast Chain Lightning, which damages the Dragonborn, their summoned creatures, and non-hostile characters, including foes. Because of this, Marcurio may induce a bounty for the Dragonborn. Marcurio prefers to use his default robes and will not equip superior robes when they are given to him(possible bug, gave Blue Mage Robes to him and he equiped them instantly). However, he equips armor and weapons given to him. If you discontinue his services and talk to him before he leaves, you can employ him once again for no charge.
Weapons and shields
If equipped with a shield, he uses it and any weapons when he runs out of magicka. As with all other followers, Marcurio uses any sword, bow, or axe given to him, so long as they are stronger than his default weaponry.
Spells and staves
He seems to pick his spells intelligently and will usually pick a spell that his target is weak against; He has been observed utilizing frost spells against fire dragons, fire spells against trolls, lightning spells against Daedra, etc. Also, he utilizes multiple staves placed in his inventory.
Exercise caution when having him together with a dog, horse, or most additional human companions; since Chain Lightning is one of his favorite attack spells and the companion almost always rushes an opponent on sight, it will likely receive friendly-fire and once its tolerance for this is exhausted, the companion will become hostile and attack Marcurio (almost always resulting in the companion's death).
SpouseAs a spouse, Marcurio opens a shop, in which items can be bought and sold. Daily, he gives his spouse a share of the profits, in the amount of 100 . This amount stacks if uncollected. When left at house, he may use the Alchemy Lab. He can also be asked to make a Homecooked Meal.
- "Don't make me wait too long...I get bored very easily."
- "If these ruins frighten you, take comfort in the knowledge that I am here."
- "These Forsworn don't even have the decency to dress properly."
- "Hello, my love. Back from some adventure I bet?"
- "I am an apprenticed wizard -- not a pack mule! Oh, very well, but make it quick!"
- "I suppose you intend to carry off every item of value in these ruins."
- "These ruins might be interesting... if I weren't already an expert on Nordic history!"
- "Try not to walk into any spike-filled pits or filthy skeever-dens!"
- "Wow. Would you look at that!"
- "Was that...some sort of healing spell?"
- "Draugr are slow and clumsy. Hardly a challenge for a man like me."
- "Do try not to set off any traps, will you?"
- "There's a cave here! Think we should check it out?"
- "Gods willing, if we'll find a chest full of gold in here."
- "Slay it! Slay the dragon!"
- "You'll die this day dragon!"
- "Most bandits are cowards. These seem braver than most."
- "Bandits are desperate men. They have nothing to lose and they fight like it."
- "Take care not to hit your head on a low hanging bit of stone."
- "Don't like the looks of this."
- "You know what I miss the most right now? Fresh air."
- "Let's try not to make too much noise. I've heard that cave-ins can start that way."
- "Not for all the gold of Skyrim would I spend my life working in these tunnels."
- "I've heard that miners sometimes die from poisonous gases trapped beneath the ground."
- "Let's hope the miners didn't unearth anyting besides precious stones, if you take my meaning."
- "I wonder what they were mining down here."
- "Are you sure you wouldn't rather explore, say, a nice tavern?"
- "I'm already looking forward to getting back above ground."
- "So you think you can make it on your own huh? We'll just see about that."
- "Well, would you look what the horker dragged in? Still wandering all over Skyrim, causing trouble?"
- "Admit it! You were lost without me!"
- "Since you paid my fee recently, I suppose I could join you once more."
- "Once more into danger!"
- "Who taught you how to fight? Keep those fists up!"
- "With a master of magic at your side, you'll have nothing to worry about."
- "Divines smile on you, friend."
- "You can't beat me!"
- "Are you sure you can find your way? It would be easy to get lost in here."
- "Show me what you've got!"
- "How pathetic! Being forced to eke out a miserable existence in a place like this."
- "There forts like this all over the Skyrim. Imperials built them long time ago."
- "I'll see you in pieces!"
- "Son of a b**ch!"
- "These wizards are mad beyond reason. They understand only violence."
- "Would be foolish to stop for a while a light a fire? I suppose, it would."
- "Be sure to keep an eye out for traps."
- "Remember to check behind you every once in a while. Who knows what might try to sneak up on us."
- "Just look at this place. Is this what passes for a fort of Skyrim?"
- When married to Marcurio, the dialogue option to ask for a homecooked meal may never appear.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)