Due to her dour disposition, some citizens of Riften act negatively toward her. Because of this, if an object is dropped between Mjoll the Lioness or Brand-Shei and Marise, Marise will initiate combat.
Collect 5 Ice Wraith Teeth and return them to Marise in Riften.
- Marise is primarily a food merchant, but will still offer some other miscellaneous items. With the addition of Hearthfire, she stocks jugs of milk.
- Her gold reserve is very low, about 64 . Her gold reserve will not increase with the Master Trader perk.
- "My food is the best in all of Skyrim, always as fresh as the day it was collected."
- "Some fresh meat to fill your belly, perhaps?"
- "Only way to find fresher meat is to hunt it yourself!"
- "Vegetables as crisp as a winter's morning!"
- "All meats guaranteed clean and free of Rockjoint!"
Bolli: "I have two more bushels for you, Marise. That should keep you well-stocked."
Marise: "Sounds good. May I owe you for them?"
Bolli: "Of course. Say, how are you going to sell all those fish before they spoil?"
Marise: "You know I can't tell you that. As soon as I do, and you have a few meads in you, everyone will know."
Marise: "Dinya? I was reading that missive you gave me and I was wondering something about marriage."
Dinya: "Feel free to ask me anything you like."
Marise: "There's someone I like very much in Riften. I think I'd like to marry him someday, but... well, he's not of my kind. Would Mara be angry?"
Dinya: "No, no... not at all. Mara believes that the spark of a union comes from inside us, not from our appearance. Tell you what... if you still feel unsure, come by the temple sometime and we'll talk about it."
Drifa: "Thanks for that bushel of apples, Marise. They're wonderful. How did you keep them so fresh?"
Marise: "Can't tell you. It's a bit of a trade secret I picked up when I was living in High Rock."
Drifa: "Well, whatever you're doing, keep doing it and you'll have me as a customer for life."
Marise: "Oh! Miss Maven. What can I do for you?"
Maven: "Relax, Marise... I have no quarrel with you. I just wish to speak a moment."
Maven: "You watch the market, you hear the rumors around Riften. What have you heard about these dragons?"
Marise: "I heard a traveler say that Helgen was destroyed by one of those creatures. Didn't leave a soul alive they said."
Maven: "Interesting. Keep your ears open for me and tell me if you hear anything more. I'll make it worth your while."
Nivenor: "Hey. What's the matter with you? You have no right to spread rumors around town about me."
Marise: "What rumors?"
Nivenor: "You know very well what I'm talking about. You're saying that I only married Bolli for his gold and that I don't really love him."
Marise: "Well, if the shoe fits..."
Shadr: "Hi, Marise. How are you today?"
Marise: "I'm well. How are things over at the stables? Old Hofgrir giving you a hard time?"
Shadr: "Naw... he's fine. Look, I wanted to ask if you'll... um, if you'd like to... well, like to have a drink with me at the Bee and Barb sometime?"
Marise: "Shadr, that's so sweet... I'd love to."
Tythis: "Marise, I've come to warn you that the Thieves Guild has been harassing shopkeepers again."
Marise: "I've heard. Bolli and Keerava were speaking of it just a little while ago."
Tythis: "I hope that doesn't mean things are going to get worse around here."
This section contains bugs related to Marise Aravel. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Ice Wraith Teeth, then selling/using one, will cause the quest to still say to return to Marise instead of reverting to the 4/5 Ice Wraith Teeth mark. Collecting 5
Sometimes, after completing the quest, the quest log will still say to return to Marise or it will say to collect 5 Ice Wraith Teeth in the miscellaneous quests.
- This can sometimes be solved by loading a previous save and, before turning in the quest, dropping all of the Ice Wraith Teeth and picking them back up.
If the Dragonborn has more than 5 Ice Wraith Teeth, after bringing the Ice Wraith Teeth to Marise, the quest will remain, asking that more Ice Wraith Teeth be collected.
- Solution: After dropping or using all Ice Wraith Teeth except for the five needed, talking to Marise will allow the quest to complete.
- Winterhold. After collecting the Ice Wraith Teeth, it is possible that the map marker that should be on Riften will land in an unreachable area far east of