|Mark of Dibella|
| Base Value:|
|Type: Quest Item|
The Mark Of Dibella is a sapphire Quest Item obtained from a Miscellaneous quest that Svana Far-Shield gives the Dragonborn. She requests that the Dragonborn obtain three Marks of Dibella from Haelga's most recent lovers and present them to her aunt, Haelga, in an attempt to injure her pride so that she eases up a little on her overworked niece.
Quest and CharactersEdit
- One can be pickpocketed or persuaded from Indaryn in Riften. He is frequently found in Black-Briar Meadery.
- One can be persuaded, pickpocketed or intimidated from Hofgrir Horse-Crusher at the Riften Stables just outside the walls of Riften. Watch for Dragons however; if Hofgrir dies, the quest will automatically fail.
- One can be persuaded from Bolli who, during the conversation, incorrectly identifies his wife as Drifa, not Nivenor. He can be found around Riften running the Riften Fishery or occasionally in the Black-Briar Meadery.
- Once the Dragonborn obtains all three marks, he/she then needs to seek out Haelga in Riften, who will give the Dragonborn a gift to keep quiet about her practicing her "Dibellan Arts" in Riften.
- On revealing the three Marks to Haelga, the Dragonborn is prompted to return to questgiver Svana Far-Shield, who is usually in Haelga's Bunkhouse doing chores. When told about the Dragonborn showing the Marks to Haelga, Svana awards a leveled gift.
- One can be found in a coffin in the Riften Hall of the Dead.
- If the quest fails, you can drop, store, or sell any of the three marks.
- A looted Mark of Dibella from the corpse of its owner, for example if they were killed by a Dragon, will not be acknowledged by Haelga and the quest becomes impossible to complete.
- Haelga is also integral to the Thieves Guild quest Taking Care of Business. If one is in the midst of that quest, Haelga may not trigger correctly and will continue repeating dialog from the other. To solve this problem, complete the Guild quest and then return to Haelga. The Mark of Dibella quest will then proceed as intended.
- The Mark of Dibella shares the same skin as a Sapphire.
- If you need a boost in speech (to pass the persuasion/intimidation checks), you can get a blessing from the Shrine of Dibella in Haelga's room.
- If you loot one of the Marks from a NPC, the dialog to start the quest doesn't appear when you speak to Svana Far-Shield; however, you can talk to her and once you are done talking to her she will end the conversation like usual. The quest will still not start or show up on the menu until you collect all three Marks of Dibella.
- If Vampires in Dawnguard kill any of the cast of this quest the quest is dropped and you won't be stuck with any of the marks.