|Marked For Death|
|Speak, and let your Voice herald doom, as an opponent's armor and lifeforce are weakened.|
|Recharge||20, 30, 40|
|Locations||Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary |
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
This shout causes the target to receive an armor penalty and lose health points every second for 60 seconds, as follows:
- 1 word: -25 armor and -1hp/s for 60s
- 2 words: -50 armor and -2hp/s for 60s
- 3 words: -75 armor and -3hp/s for 60s
- This shout is useful with all weapons and in many situations (particularly against difficult dragon species).
- It stacks incredibly well with the perks Skullcrusher and Bone Breaker. The perks allow two-handed warhammers and one-handed maces to ignore 25-75% of an enemies armor and an additional 25-75 points due to the effect of this shout.
- By repeatedly stacking on any one opponent, this allows them to be killed with as little as a single punch (this even includes all dragons types). This may prove to show that it actually causes a negative armor rating if stacked enough times, causing more damage to be inflicted than is actually given.
Each location contains a word, regardless of when or in which order the area is visited.
|Marked for Death|
Locations: Autumnwatch Tower, Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, and Forsaken Cave
|NONVUL BRON DahMaaN DaaR ROT DO|
FIN FODiiZ BORMah Vah KRii KO
MOROKei KeIN LOS Wah ZIN GeINMaaR Wah DIR
KO MOROKei KeIN LOS Wah ZIN Pah DO KeiZaaL
|Noble Nords remember these words of|
the hoar father: To kill in
glorious war is to honor oneself, to die
in glorious war is to honor all of Skyrim.
|HET Mah TahRODiiS TAFiiR|
SKORJI LUN-SINAK WEN KLOV
GOVey NaaL RINIK HahKUN ROK
TOGaaT WaH GahROT
|Here fell (the) treacherous thief|
Skorji Leech-Fingers, whose head
(was) removed by (the) very axe he
tried to steal.
|THORINGAR WahLaaN QETHSEGOL|
MONii VahRUKT NooMI WEN
DEZ LOS Wah AUS NIN DO
POGaaN OGiiM RONaaZ
|Thoringar raised (this) stone|
for his daughter’s memory, Noomi, whose
fate (it) was to suffer (the) sting of
many Orc arrows.
- Use of this shout on a companion may permanently lower their armor rating.
- Use of this shout on respawning enemies may reduce their armor rating even after they respawn. Meaning you will eventually be able to kill a giant with a single physical punch after using marked for death countless times.
- Both of the above effects are a result of the Recover flag not being checked in the game files. (Verified via inspecting both effects in the PC version Creation Kit. PC version owners can fix this themselves.)
- Though very effective against dragons, using it against them can cause them not to release their souls and burn up when they die.
- Upon returning to Autumnwatch Tower it is possible for an additional word of the shout to be learned. This means one of the other walls is not required to learn the full shout.
- When used against Dragon Priests they won't attack and will stop moving
- In Dawnguard, if you have at least 1 word of both the Drain Vitality and Marked For Death shouts known, a second version of the Drain Vitality shout using the same words as Marked For Death will appear in the shout menu and will be usable, with all the words having a cooldown of 12. It's description will say "Drains 1 points of Health per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 points of Magicka per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 points of Stamina per second for 20 seconds." Spending a soul on Marked For Death also counts as using it on said copy, since they use the same words, and each time you learn a new word for Marked for Death you learn it for this alternate version as well. This version might also have been a single shout that ended up being split into the Marked For Death and Drain Vitality.
- The reason this happens is that all the NPC versions that are used were set with the Words used for Marked For Death rather than the stock "Dragon Fire" Words. (Verified via the Creation Kit.)
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|