The Marksman skill governs the effectiveness of using bow and arrow weapons. Higher Marksman skill results in increased damage for each attack. It is useful for taking out enemies that you might have to kill in stealth-like quests, or during combat if you are fast enough to avoid getting hit. Governing attribute: Agility
- Novice (0-24): Loses Fatigue while holding the bow drawn back.
- Apprentice (25-49): No Fatigue cost while holding the bow drawn back.
- Journeyman (50-74): May zoom while holding the bow drawn back by pressing and holding block.
- Expert (75-99): Bow attacks have a chance of knocking the target down.
- Master (100): Bow attacks have a chance of paralyzing the target.
Classes and racesEdit
Classes utilizing the Marksman skill:
Races granted a boost to Marksman:
- Main article: Trainer (Oblivion)
- Main article: Skill Book (Oblivion)
- A Dance in Fire, Book V
- The Gold Ribbon of Merit
- Vernaccus and Bourlor
- Father of the Niben
- The Black Arrow, v 2
- When your Marksman skill is 70 or higher, NPCs will say: "You have the eyes of a trained marksman."