Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Masser is the larger of the two moons of Nirn, and is red in color.
The astronomic definitions of both Masser and Secunda are prone to much discussion. At first glance, both seem to be moons of Nirn; however, on observation of the two moons in both Oblivion and Skyrim, Secunda actually revolves around Masser, showing that Secunda is in fact Masser's moon.
Lorkhan, "The Missing God", was sundered into two halves during his destruction, becoming both Masser and Secunda. The two moons symbolize his duality, reminding his man-creations of his struggle, which is most likely another reason for the Khajiit's worship.
A passage from Lymdrenn Tenvanni's Journal suggests that Masser reaches its fullest state on the summer solstice.
- Masser is similar to the planet Mars, in both color and name. In fact, in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion it was shown as a recolored picture of Mars in the skybox.
- Massar (مسار) is the Arabic word for "path" or "path follower."
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online