The War and BalrethEdit
The Chimer won the Nedes on that battle, but at a great cost. Balreth started killing the Chimer forces, and after a great loss of lives, Mavos imprisoned Balreth with two summoned Fire Atronachs, Blaze and Ragebinder.
The Vestige requests Mavos' help to capture Balreth again. Mavos, as a ghost, guides one in obtaining the necessary ingredients, so the Vestige could have a vision of the past and see how Balreth was imprisoned.
The Vestige goes to Ash Mountain, where Balreth is obtaining strength. One makes the rituals and the two guardian Atronachs, Blaze and Ragebinder, are summoned. Then, the two atronach open a portal to the center of the Mountain.
Mavos appears one more time and speaks with the Vestige. After Balreth is defeated, Mavos encountered again during the battle against Sadal.
At Tormented Spire:
- Well met, Mavos. "Again I find myself talking to you. Very well. As you've already seen, completing a complex spell requires precision. Controlling the ebb and flow of Magicka is the heart of spellcraft."
- What do I do this time? "The cave behind you holds the final Focus Stone. To reach it, you must understand the ebb ans flow of magic. You represent all living mortals here. Try not to embarrass yourself."
- I have the final stone "So you do. Unlike the Grandmaster, you've proven you can act with planning, patience, and courage. Now with our aid, you can reforge Sadal's bindings."
- What do I need to do? "We'll return to the Caldera. Place the foci around the caldera platform. The other mages and I will take it from there."
- While Mavos says that he is the most powerful mage of his time, there are no doubts that Shalidor is superior. However, Mavos may be talking about the years which he lived, not the whole First Era.