Mayhem is a Master-level Illusion spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that requires the use of both left and right hands and causes creatures and people up to level 25 to fight anything nearby for 60 seconds. This is an area of effect spell and requires a bit of time to charge to use accordingly.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1250
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- The Spell Tome: Mayhem may be purchased from Drevis Neloren after level 100 in Illusion is reached, and after the Illusion Ritual Spell quest is completed. For the quest, Drevis Neloren tells the Dragonborn to find the 4 books for illusion spells that are located around the College of Winterhold using a spell that he provides. Once the books are found and returned to Drevis, he will give the Dragonborn one of the 3 master spells.
- If this or any other Master Illusion spell is cast, it affects a surprisingly vast range and should be cast very rarely.
- The large area of effect of this spell can create a very amusing brawl. However, the vast range can cause collateral deaths that were unintended (for example, when cast from behind Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun, it can reach even as far as the Skyforge. In Whiterun, Riften, and Solitude, all of the market vendors, if nonessential, will die at the hands of either an invincible or essential character or a guard).
- Anyone seen casting it will receive a bounty.
- If used effectively, this can easily help clear areas full of enemies, such as Forsworn camps.
|Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vampire's Seduction • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|