Paarthurnax at the Throat of the World can help the Dragonborn meditate on three Words of Power: Fus, Feim and Yol. There can be only one attribute at a time, though the Dragonborn can repeatedly change the attribute by meditating again as needed. Asking Paarthurnax if others visit him to train unlocks the option to decide on which Word to apply.
- Fus (force) will apply the effect Force Without Effort, giving a 25% increase in stability against staggering and a 25% chance of opponents being staggered (Most recommended as by the time you reach Paarthunax, you will have learned all words of power for Unrelenting Force).
- Applies to most attacks with a stagger effect, such as Power Shot, Power Bash, regular power attacks, Unrelenting Force and Shield Charge (when the enemy is not knocked down).
- It does not function with the Destruction school perk Impact. It achieves its stagger effect through damage inflicted by a particular spell.
- Stacks with the Heavy Armor perk, Tower of Strength for 75% less stagger. This reduced stagger applies to Dragons landing/crashing near the player, resurrected dragons bursting from a burial mound, regular power attacks by foes, some traps and enemies who use shouts.
- Feim (fade) will apply the effect Ethereal Spirit, increasing health regeneration while ethereal by 25%.
- Yol (fire) will apply the effect The Fire Within, increasing the damage dealt by Fire Breath by 25%.
This section contains bugs related to Meditations on the Words of Power. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Selecting "Feim" may not add the Ethereal Spirit perk and instead have no effect. The ability may only show in active effects while Ethereal.
- Sometimes selecting "Yol" adds a 25% bonus to all fire damage done by the player, not just from the Fire Breath shout. This can be combined with Augment Fire perks, the Vampire/Necromage perk exploit, and Ahzidal's mask to gain huge bonuses to fire spells, with the Flames spell dealing up to 20 fire damage per second.