Meeko is a dog that can be located to the south of Meeko's Shack, by the road, in Hjaalmarch in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Meeko can be a follower for the Dragonborn and looks like a normal dog. This is achieved by walking up to Meeko then running after him back to Meeko's shack, where he will look at his dead owner. Then talking with Meeko will allow the Dragonborn to "recruit" Meeko.
If dismissed, Meeko will return to Meeko's Shack, even if the Dragonborn has purchased a home.
Meeko will level with the player up to level 25, where he will have 250 health. Unfortunately, due to a severe bug, his health is locked when you meet him and even after using disable/enable commands. One workaround is to force his health to 250 by using setav health 250 or simply waiting till you are level 25 before meeting him.
With the addition of Hearthfire, Meeko can finally have a home as the player's pet.
- Meeko counts as a non-humanoid companion meaning you can have him and another follower at the same time (as you can have one non-humanoid and one humanoid follower).
- You can not have Meeko and Vigilance as followers at the same time.
- Meeko seems to block the player quite a lot, by standing in doorways or halls. To get him to move, the player needs to walk or run into him, and he will move out of the way, as with any other follower.
- He will return to Meeko's Shack after being told to wait for more than 3 in-game days.
- Like all regular followers, he will go into "last stand" when his health is depleted by enemy attacks, at which point enemy NPCs will ignore him. However, he can be easily killed by friendly fire, especially if you or your human follower are using arrows or destruction magic. You often need to look out for him as he will lay down his life for you.
- Meeko also has a tendency to activate traps which can kill him or the player.
- If Meeko is attacked and set on fire and accidentally comes in contact with your humanoid follower, your follower may attack and kill Meeko by accident as they will perceive him as an enemy.
- Meeko can also play "fetch" with the player if his/her character drops a piece of "cooked beef" from their inventory, and he might die while chasing it down from a cliff.
- Like all non-humanoid followers, Meeko does not understand the concept of "stealth" and will charge straight at an enemy as soon as he sees one, even if the player is in sneak mode and has not been detected.
- Meeko can be launched into the air after getting bashed by a giant, and then return to you still alive.
- Meeko may be adopted as a pet.
|Level||10 → 25|
|Health||100 → 250|
|Stamina||65 → 140|
- Meeko was the name of the raccoon companion from Pocahontas.
- Meeko resembles an Irish Wolfhound.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)