When the Dragonborn approaches the cage she is locked in, she asks for help to free her and also help her reclaim her Bastion from her sister Petra. She explains how to avoid traps in the Blind Cliff Bastion and assists with Petra's destruction. She then rewards the Dragonborn with the Eye of Melka after Petra is killed.
Melka can also be killed to obtain the staff, but that will result in the quest remaining unfinished and remaining in the unfinished quests list.
After obtaining the Eye of Melka she can be killed with no negative impact to the rest of the quest since the quest is already completed.
- "Do you like my pretty tower?"
- "Press only middle button. Clever trick, yes. Nobody ever thinks of the middle."
- "Careful here. There's a trick to this. The trick is; to not bleed to death! Ah, there's a lever too."
- "We must go up, always up."
- "Petra! Petra! Curse her eyes!"
- Melka can be exploited to level up skills. The player may cast Destruction spells on her and she will not retaliate. Casting Healing Hands on her will ensure she does not die in the process, as well as leveling up the Restoration skill.
This section contains bugs related to Melka. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Melka may get stuck in the room with the alchemy table. When this happens, she will be unable to present the Eye of Melka award; therefore, the quest cannot be completed.
- Fix: When being attacked by the Forsworn from the next room, walk into the hall in the next room without killing him. Melka will follow to attack the Forsworn and continue with the quest once the Forsworn is dealt with.
- Fix: This can be resolved by typing the console command resurrect while targeting Petra and killing her again. Or simply kill Melka for the Eye (quest reward).
- If the towers are left immediately after killing Petra, Melka will teleport to the Dragonborn's current location and award the staff.
- If the Dragonborn activates the lever before freeing Melka, she will not follow when walking through the walkway to the next room where the alchemy table is.