When the Dragonborn approaches the cage she is locked in, she asks for help to free her and help her reclaim her Bastion from her sister, Petra. She explains how to avoid traps in the Blind Cliff Bastion and assists with Petra's destruction. After Petra is killed, she will reward the Dragonborn with the Eye of Melka.
Melka can also be killed to obtain the staff, but that will result in the quest remaining unfinished and staying in the unfinished quests list.
After obtaining the Eye of Melka, she can be killed with no negative impact to the rest of the quest, since the quest is already completed.
- "Do you like my pretty tower?"
- "Press only middle button. Clever trick, yes. Nobody ever thinks of the middle."
- "Careful here. There's a trick to this. The trick is; to not bleed to death! Ah, there's a lever too."
- "We must go up, always up."
- "Petra! Petra! Curse her eyes!"
- Melka can be exploited to level up skills. The Dragonborn may cast Destruction spells on her and she will not retaliate. Casting Healing Hands on her will ensure that she does not die in the process, as well as leveling up the Restoration skill.
- She will refer to the Dragonborn as "flesh," "meat," "edible," "nibble," "morsel," etc. She does this despite having no ill intentions.
- Melka will refer to a Nord, Imperial, High Elf, or Redguard Dragonborn as a Breton. When corrected, she replies with, "Oh. Yes. You all look the same."
- She counts for a charge for the Ebony Blade after her quest is completed.
- Being a Khajiit or Argonian will result in her calling the player an Orc.
This section contains bugs related to Melka. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
Melka may get stuck in the room with the alchemy table. When this happens, she will be unable to present the Eye of Melka award; therefore, the quest cannot be completed.
- When being attacked by the Forsworn from the next room, walk into the hall in the next room without killing him. Melka will follow to attack the Forsworn and continue with the quest once the Forsworn is killed.
resurrectwhile targeting Petra and killing her again. Or, one can also simply kill Melka for the reward instead. This can be resolved by typing the console command
- If the towers are left immediately after killing Petra, Melka will teleport to the Dragonborn's current location and award the staff.
- If the Dragonborn activates the lever before freeing Melka, she will not follow them when walking through the walkway to the next room where the alchemy table is.