The Beacon can be found in almost any boss chest after level 12. However, if the Dragonborn interacts with the Statue to Meridia before finding the Beacon, the item's location will be given and a marker put on the World Map.
- The beacon appears to be made of crystal, but is valued at 0 gold likely due to the fact it is a quest item.
- If the Dragonborn chooses not to take the beacon when it first spawns, they can always return to where it was orginally found to fetch it later. Going to the Statue of Meridia and receiving the quest will enable a quest marker on the location.
This section contains bugs related to Meridia's Beacon. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If you get close to a dungeon such as Haemar's Shame, the Beacon is removed from the inventory and placed into a Boss chest inside that dungeon.
- After the Beacon is placed on the pedestal and you have talked to Meridia in the air hovering above the shrine there is a chance you don't get put down. Reload a save before interacting with the pedestal and try again.
- If you have completed the Dark Brotherhood quest line and then try to get the beacon it may show up in the Dawnstar sanctuary and be unobtainable in the torture room.