- Speak with Faral Retheran.
- Head to Eight Plates in Balmora.
- End Meril Hlaano's slanders.
- Return to Retheran.
Faral Retheran will inform the Nerevarine of a case of slander against House Redoran, when they speak to him in the Redoran Treasury in Vivec City. Retheran will reveal that Meril Hlaano is the slanderer and needs to be silenced (with honor).
The Slanderous HlaanoEdit
Hlaano can be found at the Eight Plates in Balmora, surrounded by various members of House Hlaalu. Requesting him to stop making slanderous comments will fail, unless the Nerevarine can raise his disposition above 75. This can be done through bribery or persuasion, either method is fine.
Once Hlaano has been silenced, the Nerevarine may return to Retheran in Vivec to complete the quest and receive a Holy Shield as a reward.
|Meril Hlaano's Slanders|
|10||Faral Retheran asked me to demand satisfaction from the Hlaalu noble Meril Hlaano at the Eight Plates in Balmora who has slandered the honor of House Redoran.
|50||Meril Hlaano agreed to withdraw his statement.|
|100||Faral Retheran thanked me for making Meril Hlaano withdraw his slanderous statements.
- The Nerevarine can kill Hlaano by intimidating him into attacking.
- This will forfeit the Nerevarine's reward, however.
- This quest can be completed by non-Redoran members.