Mikael is a bard in Whiterun. Located inside The Bannered Mare, he sings or plays his lute upon request. In a quest, Carlotta Valentia asks the Dragonborn to talk to him about leaving her alone. He can be persuaded, paid-off, or brawled. After he is convinced to leave her alone, Carlotta presents a reward.
He has great respect for the Dragonborn, and dedicates the song Tale of the Tongues to them before playing it.
- He is the author of A Gentleman's Guide to Whiterun.
- He is a possible hostage being held during Rescue Mission.
- If he is killed, he is cremated and his remains are stored in Mikael's burial urn in the Whiterun Catacombs.
- Jon Battle-Born thinks he is a milk drinker and an embarrassment to bards.
- Sometimes when in Riften, he will talk as if he were still in Whiterun.
- If you brawl him during Hired Muscle and win, the Dragonborn can tell him to leave Carlotta alone
- If he is brawled, while on the ground he can still play songs
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)