Millona Umbranox is the Countess of Anvil. Her husband, Corvus, disappeared ten years ago, prior to the Oblivion Crisis. In her spare time, she is usually found riding her White Horse around the Anvil area.
Grandmaster Jauffre and the Blades detect a massive Oblivion Gate opening outside the city of Bruma. Sending the Hero to request military aid from the aristocrats of Cyrodiil, Her Ladyship Umbranox is approached. She will agree to send troops to Bruma if the Oblivion Gate outside of Anvil is closed.
The Thieves Guild wants to remove Hieronymus Lex as a threat to their business and move his post to captain of the Anvil City Watch. The Forged List of Candidates must be given to the countess so she will pick Lex as the replacement.
After acquiring an Elder Scroll for the Gray Fox, the Hero of Kvatch follows the Thieves Guild's infamous leader to Castle Anvil. Removing his cowl, he reveals himself as the Count of Anvil. His wife, however, does not remember due to the curse Nocturnal placed upon the cowl; wearing the artifact causes the wearer to be stamped out of the historical record; all persons who might have remembered forget who they are, not being able to remember their name, face, or anything else about them. Corvus shows his wife their wedding band and her memory returns. The Count gives the Cowl to the Hero, who becomes the next Gray Fox.
- Anvil: "You can best know Anvil by walking its streets and speaking with its people. My favorite time is on the harbor at sunset, the sun and sea to the west."
- Anvil Chapel Attack: "It's unbelievable. Right in the center of the city, nobody saw anything? Makes you wonder about the competence of the Guard, if you ask me."
"I am Millona Umbranox, Countess of Anvil. I hope you enjoy your visit. I trust you will give us no cause to regret our hospitality to strangers."
- Aid for Bruma "I would like to send help to Bruma, but I cannot risk weakening Anvil's defenses with that Oblivion Gate open outside the city."
- Anvil "I won't risk my Guard attacking that infernal Oblivion Gate. We'll hold the walls and hope for the best."
- Chancellor Ocato "Chancellor Ocato has performed heroically. No one else could have held the Empire together during this crisis."
(After closing the gate)
"You sure gave those damned daedra what for! It makes us all feel better to have someone like you around."
- Aid for Bruma "I've heard that you closed the Oblivion Gate outside Anvil. I honor you for your bravery and service to my city. With Anvil safe for the moment, I will send some of my best soldiers to bolster the Bruma garrison."
- Aid for Bruma "Don't worry. Anvil's soldiers are worth two from anywhere else. Bruma will not fall!"
"Be seeing you."
- In Latin, Umbra means "Shadow" and Nox means "Night" the combination of the two words means "The Shadow of the Night."
- She is one of the few people to wear the full Blue Silk Shirt and Blue Silk dress.