Mir-mul-nir (Dovahzul: , "Allegiance-Strong-Hunt") is a dragon that attacks the Western Watchtower outside of Whiterun. He is a supporting antagonist of the main storyline and the first dragon slain by a prisoner who escaped from Helgen, helping them discover their identity as the Last Dragonborn.
It can be read in a book in Sky Haven Temple that Mirmulnir was one of a very small number of dragons that were not killed by the Blades. He was last seen in the Reach in 2E 212, and does not reappear until 4E 201.
Upon learning of this threat, Jarl Balgruuf the Greater sends his Housecarl Irileth, the Dragonborn, and several Whiterun Guards. Once the party is assembled there, the dragon attack begins. Mirmulnir's primary weapons are his razor-sharp teeth and his powerful Fire Breath shout. When the Dragonborn slays him, he or she absorbs his soul before everybody's eyes.
- If subtitles are activated during combat, Mirmulnir's dialogue appears in English. Some of Mirmulnir's lines include:
- "Thuri du hin sil ko Sovngarde!" - "My overlord will devour your souls in Sovngarde!"
- "Krif krin. Pruzah!" - "Fight courageous(ly). Good!"
- "Brit grah." - "Beautiful battle."
- "I had forgotten what fine sport you mortals can provide!"
- "You are brave. Bahlaan hokoron." - "Worthy enemies. Your defeat brings me honor."
- Upon defeat: "Dovahkiin? No!!"
- Mirmulnir's name translates to "Allegiance Strong Hunt."
- The Whiterun Guard Helmet found on Mirmulnir's corpse appears to still have the head in it.
- As Mirmulnir is one of the few known hostile dragons to have survived being hunted by the Blades, he was technically one of the oldest dragons to have lived.
- If at a high enough level when encountering Mirmulnir, he can be a higher level dragon (such as a Blood Dragon, Ancient Dragon, or Frost Dragon).
- Mirmulnir will not grant Dragon Heartscales for use in the quest "Alteration Ritual Spell."
- Technically speaking, as Mirmulnir was not raised, he could have been killed before the quest "Dragon Rising." However, this is not the case.
- Mirmulnir is listed in the Atlas of Dragons, a book found in Sky Haven Temple, as one of four named dragons in the book known to still be alive.
- When looting Mirmulnir's body, one may find a full set of Whiterun Guard's Armor, suggesting that he might have eaten one of the guards.
This section contains bugs related to Mirmulnir. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Mirmulnir may appear at various locations after he is slain in combat with the Dragonborn. This appears to be able to occur with any dragon.
- Using the Console command to resurrect Mirmulnir causes the Dragon Soul count to reset to zero. Killing another dragon remedies this.