is a location
found in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard
Mouldering Ruins is a small Draugr crypt located in Whiterun Hold near The Reach due west of Rorikstead, between Bleakwind Bluff and Serpent's Bluff Redoubt.
The entrance, a trapdoor, is located in a tent that is guarded by a Death Hound and two Vampire Thralls. It can be accessed without starting either Dawnguard (Quest)-line.
It can also be one of the locations of Meridia's Beacon, as well as being a possible location of many of Dawnguard's radiant side quests for both sides.
- Guarded by a Death Hound and two Vampire Thralls who are outside of the entrance.
- A Master Vampire and his/her Vampire Thrall can be encountered inside. A vine-covered object blocks getting a clean shot at them from a distance
- There's also a dead Draugr whom the vampire may reanimate as an ally, but it will turn to ash when the vampire dies.
- Weapons & apparel from enemies.
- Several Draugr bodies with Ancient Nord gear
- Burial Urns with gold and random jewels
- Large Chest with random amount of gold & miscellaneous armor & weapons.
- Barrels & sacks with typical food and/or ingredient items.
- Bloody Tankard on top of one of the barrels.
- Hanging Moss