| Base Value:|
Moonstone Ore VeinEdit
Moonstone Ore can be purchased from Blacksmith merchants or found:
- 7 veins in Mzulft (The Staff of Magnus quest required)
- 5 veins in Soljund's Sinkhole, along with 3 loose ore in the mine and 2 ingots on a shelf within the crypt.
- 2 veins in Blackreach.
- 2 veins in Stony Creek Cave, southeast of Windhelm.
- 2 veins northwest of Silent Moons Camp. Go up a steep hill. The veins are guarded by a bear or sometimes a sabre cat (depending on your level) at the slope of the mountainside.
- 1 vein next to Nightcaller Temple, east of Dawnstar.
- 1 vein in Cronvangr Broodlair, in Cronvangr Cave.
- 1 vein North of Skyborn Altar.
- 1 vein in Crystaldrift Cave, southwest of Riften and west of Lost Tongue Overlook.
- 1 vein near the gate to Cyrodiil, one to the right (follow the road south of Helgen. Takes some time).
- 1 vein south of Wayward Pass, on one of the rock formations near the pathway.
- 1 vein is East of Angi's Camp overlooking a cliff.
- 1 vein south of Morthal, by a dragon burial mound.
- 1 ore can be found on a shelf below deck in the Wreck of the Brinehammer.
- 1 vein deep inside Tolvald's Crossing.
- 1 vein at mountain peak on the south side of Raldbthar (easier to reach from Shearpoint and going east).
- 1 vein along the crest between two mountain peaks east of Ironbind Overlook, an unmarked exit from Ironbind Barrow. The crest stretches east from three unmarked Dwemer pillars near the first peak.
- 2 veins inside of Darkfall CaveDG, just across the bridge.
- They can also be found as loot on Dwarven Spiders.
- 1 vein inside of Wolfskull Cave. Go to Wolfskull Ruins; you will find it in the second room on a small rock.
|Moonstone Ore (2)||2||60||Refined Moonstone||1||75|
- Moonstone Ore is the only one of the ores that has a "carved" appearance, suggesting that it is either quartz-like or stone-like, not being a metal at all.
- Moonstone is in real life a silicate gemstone of Feldspar variety, which has a similar appearance as it has in Skyrim.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)