Mount Anthor is a dragon lair in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is southwest from Winterhold. The fastest way is to fast travel to Saarthal and walk directly south. By climbing higher up the mountain, the Dragonborn will eventually reach Mount Anthor summit. This area will be inhabited by two spellcasters (level dependent on that of the Dragonborn), if approached before completing the quest "Dragon Rising".
Mount Anthor's history can be traced back to the First Era, when King Olaf One-Eye subdued the great dragon Numinex in a legendary duel of Thu'ums, and brought him back to the fledgling town of Whiterun as a captive. It was then that the magnificent keep of Dragonsreach was rebuilt and renamed to serve as a cage for Numinex, whose head still adorns the Great Hall.[source?]
- There is a Word Wall with a word for the shout Ice Form.
- There are six ore veins nearby that replenish themselves every week or two. There is a corundum ore vein on the path between the Word Wall and Alftand. There are two iron ore veins – one barely north of the arch in front of the wall, and one on the path that goes up southeast of the wall. From the peak of that path (this tends to be the easiest spot to start a climb up the mountain to the dragon's perch), it is possible to work the way up to the top of the mountain. There a moonstone ore vein can be found just above where the dragon sleeps, as well as one quicksilver ore vein and one silver ore vein (see below):
- Tucked away between two small peaks just northwest and slightly up from the moonstone ore vein is a Dwemer shrine that is guarded by two Ice Wraiths. There is an enchanted Dwarven Weapon (level dependent), two chests, a quicksilver ore vein, and several potions on top of the shrine itself (see: Mount Anthor Summit). All, including the ice wraiths respawn about once a week, with the exception of the weapon.
- South of Mount Anthor summit, slightly down the mountain, is a small outcrop with a flag stuck in it. There is a silver ore vein there, as well as a random helmet, weapon, and satchel there. All respawn regularly.
- It is the only dragon lair with no treasure chest.
This section contains bugs related to Mount Anthor. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|