Movarth Piquine was formerly a hand-to-hand trainer in the Fighter's Guild, as revealed by the book Immortal Blood. It is never stated how or why he becomes a vampire hunter, but the book begins with him appearing at a chapel, after a run in with his prey. While recovering there, Movarth inquired about the types of vampires around Tamriel. The priest in the chapel told him about the different vampire tribes and when Movarth had successfully destroyed each tribe, he would return to the priest, bring back additional knowledge he learned out in the field. His latest inquiry, which was about the Cyrodiilic tribe, would be his last as the priest turned out to be such a creature and attacked Movarth. His encounter with the priest is documented in the book Immortal Blood.
By the time of his infection with vampirism Movarth was an accomplished vampire hunter. He had killed vampires in the Volkihar Clan as well as the Keerilth of Valenwood. After he returned to the priest he was learning from, the priest pounces on him and turns him.
Involvement in Skyrim
In Skyrim, it is revealed that Movarth was turned and is also a 'Master Vampire', one that is over a few centuries old. He attempted to mastermind a hostile take over of Morthal during the quest Laid to Rest. His intention was to use Alva to seduce the guards and turn them one by one, and then to take the town and use the townsfolk as cattle. The Dragonborn learns of these plans when they read Alva's journal during the quest "Laid to Rest". The Dragonborn raids Movarth's Lair and slays the vampire occupants.
- Movarth is a rare type of NPC in that his race is Radiant, which means he can be spawned as any humanoid race in Skyrim (i.e., Dunmer, Imperial, Nord, Altmer, etc.), wearing a variety of armor.
- Movarth is known to respawn every few days after being killed.
- Movarth's Boots can not be disenchanted, nor do they respawn when Movath does.
- The implication is that the priest was a Cyrodillic vampire, since Movarth did not notice his vampiric features until the priest had not fed for seventy two hours.
- If not killed, Alva can be found in the cave and is sometimes not hostile.
- Movarth is first mentioned in Oblivion and only makes an appearance in Skyrim.