There are five different types of mudcrabs, including variants such as larger, stronger ones. The basic mudcrab only has a burrowing attack, while higher-level mudcrabs have many more powerful attacks.
- Carapace (Common Drop)
- Mudcrab Meat
- Mudcrab Claw Meat (during Shadowfen Smorgasborg)
- Mudcrab Chitin – Alchemy Ingredient sometimes dropped from these creatures.
Mudcrabs are creatures that are abandunt throughout Tamriel, often found along banks of rivers, or on beaches.
- Bleakrock Isle – Level 3 creature
- Chid-Moska Ruins
- Ember-Eye Campsite, Stormhaven
- Fort Amol,
- Khenarthi's Roost
- Koeglin Lighthouse, Stormhaven
- Ruins of Mazzatun
- Shattered Shoals
- Shipwreck Strand
- Silent Mire
- Steelheart Moorings, Stormhaven
- Stros M'Kai – Level 2 creature
- Thane Jeggi's Drinking Hole, The Rift
- Percolating Mire, Deshaan
- Vanne Farm, Stormhaven
- Velyn Harbor, Malabal Tor
- Hew's Bane – various locations
- This list is incomplete; help us expand it.
- Update 6: Fixed an issue where burrowing creatures, including the Mudcrab, would surface prematurely when the Vestige moves.
- Blue Shellcrab – Variations of Mudcrabs found on Shipwreck Strand with the giant blue Mudcrab, Shellcracker.
- Swarming Mudcrab (Fungal Grotto)
- Nibenay Mudcrab, a pet included with the Imperial Edition.
- Rufous Mudcrab, a pet that can be acquired with a code received with the purchase of an official mudcrab plush.
- Young Salty (Mentioned only) – A mudcrab appearing in the Hero's Guides to The Elder Scrolls Online series.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online