Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mudcrabs are creatures in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
They are tough and territorial, and groups of them may become troublesome. Individually, they are more of a nuisance than an actual danger.
Mudcrabs are usually detected by the sound of their legs scuttling across the ground. Young mudcrabs have flat carapaces while those of older ones are somewhat conical. Mudcrabs prefer to stay near the water and won't follow the Dragonborn and other beings too far away from their home. Although they are quite weak and can easily be killed by those with even low combat skills, mudcrabs can still deal out plenty of damage to low-level characters. Much like Dwarven constructs, arrows will not penetrate their hard carapace; instead, archers will find that arrows will often deflect off their shells, though they still do damage.
- The fossilized giant mudcrab can be found at a small pond just east from Gjukar's Monument. It cannot be re-animated using Conjuration spells.
- Pincer is a small mudcrab that appears if Hearthfire has been installed. If the Dragonborn has adopted a child, he or she may bring Pincer to their home and ask if they can keep it. If it is allowed, it will live in the home until it is killed.
- Old Salty is a named mudcrab found on Solstheim.
This section contains bugs related to Mudcrab (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Dragonborn sneaks up on a mudcrab while it's crouched (looks like a rock, not moving), it may fall through the world, disappearing completely.
- Mudcrabs (of both sizes) often clip into the ground when killed, though usually one or both of the pincers remains above ground.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|