He resides in Whiterun with his wife Ahlam, but actually sleeps in The Drunken Huntsman. During the day he visits the marketplace and inspects the wares on display, while conversing with various marchants. In the afternoon he wanders around town then finishes his day sitting in the Drunken Huntsman before going to bed.
Possible kidnapping target for the Companions side quest. He must be rescued from a radiant location.
Carlotta: "I get them fresh from the farms daily, Nazeem."
Nazeem: "If you were getting them from my farm, they'd be twice as fresh."
Ysolda: "I'm here to buy food, Nazeem. I suppose you don't need to worry about that."
Nazeem: "Owning a farm does have its advantages."
Anoriath: "I can assure you, it's all fresh. I hunt the game myself, every day."
Nazeem: "Hmm. As you say."
Anoriath: "Maybe you'd like to try the horker? Or some beef?"
Nazeem: "You don't prepare the meat with any of those strange Elven spices, do you?"
Anoriath: "Ahhhh... No, no Elven spices; just some salt, to preserve it. You're not afraid of salt, are you?"
Nazeem: "I'm not 'afraid' of anything. I simply prefer quality merchandise. No, no this meat won't do at all. Too much fat, and it all smells... wrong."
Anoriath: "Suit yourself, then. The woods are that way. Outside the walls, walk straight ahead. Can't miss them. Good luck on your hunt."
Nazeem: "Good day."
- Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
- Oh, it took years, but I earned my way to the top. I own Chillfurrow Farm, you see. Very successful business. Obviously.
- I actually advise the Jarl on political matters. My input is invaluable, of course. But this is all probably a bit over your head.
- Do you have anything even remotely fresh? (When browsing around the market stalls)
- Put on a cloth sack at the very least. You're making me... unseasonably warm. (When spoken to while the Dragonborn is wearing no attire)
- Nazeem holds the key to Chillfurrow Farm, as well as a key to Wintersand Manor, which seems to serve no known purpose. Entering
"help wintersand 0"into the console (PC) shows that there is a Wintersand Manor Key, a location called Wintersand Manor and a Wintersand Manor Faction, but no Wintersand Manor cell, implying that Wintersand Manor may be a location which was removed from the final release, but the key was overlooked.
WintersandManorFactionalso exists, implying that there may have been a house or manor in or near Whiterun which was to be a home to Nazeem and Ahlam. Seeing as both pass themselves off as rich, yet live in the Drunken Huntsman store with no explainable reason, it seems likely that this manor has been removed from the game prior to release.
- Nazeem is voiced by Keith Silverstein.