Necrom is known as the city of the dead due to the city being the burial grounds of Morrowind's greatest warriors and finest citizens. Necrom resembles a large necropolis with sacred walls and large white towers all around the city. To the west of the city is a cemetery with all sorts of ghouls.
The city of Necrom is perched on steep yet treacherous cliffs on the Morrowind coastline. The cemetery is west to the city with a new monastery built in it.
- Rat Necrom with Bonemeal Gravy – Was outlawed in Cyrodiil.
- Necrom Beetle-Cheese Poutine – Made with Game, Potato, and Cheese.
During the Merethic Era, Topal the Pilot sailed all over Tamriel and managed to chart the continent's sea lanes including the Niben River in Cyrodiil. Topal has sailed as far as the Telvanni Peninsula to the cliffsides where modern Necrom is located to the isle of Gorne of the Bat Lizard.
Before being the leader of the Aldmeri Dominion, Queen Ayrenn left her the Summerset Isles to travel all across Tamriel to seek the thrill of adventure. One of her exploits has her disguised as a Dark Elf in order to read the legendary Indigo Scrolls at the vaults of Necrom.
During the Alliance War, the city of Necrom was occupied by the great House Telvanni. Slavers from Necrom arrived to High Rock to capture men, women, and children all across the Breton kingdoms of the Iliac Bay. Their journey eventually took them to Koeglin Village in Stormhaven, High Rock to capture the local civilians and return home with a new batch of slaves. Luckily, the Vestige arrived into town and drove the Telvanni Slavers out of High Rock.
Necrom's cemetery has been haunted for many years and it's citizens has come to except this. During the day, they bury their dead while at night, the malevolent spirits roam the expansive crypts. The Tribunal Temple had put up a bounty for anyone to take out the monsters at the cemetery. Three brave citizens ventured into the crypts, slew the Vampire residing, and claimed the bounty.
- When Arena was going to be a Tournament based game, Necrom's team was known as the Dark Heat.[OOG 1]
- The Dunmer word for "necromancer" is arcuhnecrom.
- The Ghostfence holds bones taken from the Necrom Catacombs and many battlefields throughout Morrowind.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends (Mentioned only)