Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nelkir is the youngest son of Balgruuf the Greater, Jarl of Whiterun. He mentions that he knows he doesn't have the same mother as his brother and sister, Frothar and Dagny. This information may be true, or it may be lies told to him by the Whispering Lady, so he will betray his father by opening the door to do her bidding.
Nelkir lives at Dragonsreach in Whiterun. He usually stays on the floor below the kitchen or upstairs.
Nelkir usually makes sarcastic or condescending remarks when the Dragonborn walks past him. This changes after completing the quest "The Whispering Door," where he seems to become less rude.
- "Another wanderer, here to lick my father's boots. Good job."
- "You... you know the Whispering Lady, don't you. I can tell." ―After completing "The Whispering Door".
- "Please! Have mercy... I beg you..." ―During "Battle for Whiterun" for the Stormcloaks.
- If the Dragonborn sides with the Stormcloaks and they take over Whiterun, Nelkir, as well as his siblings, remain in Dragonsreach after Balgruuf goes to the Blue Palace in Solitude. They can be found in the little basement area near the Whispering Door.
- In Hearthfire, the Dragonborn's children will describe Nelkir and his siblings as "mean" if they lived in Whiterun.
- If "The Whispering Door" is active and the Dragonborn hasn't talked to Nelkir the second time, then if they go to Jorrvaskr he might follow them inside.
- His dialogue does not change if the Stormcloaks take Whiterun during the quest "Battle for Whiterun," even though his father is exiled.