|Nepos the Nose|
Nepos the Nose is an Elder Breton male. He is citizen of Markarth and has ties to the Silver-Blood Family interests in Cidhna Mine. He is located in his house reading a book by the fire. His servants, Tynan, Morven, and Uaile are very caring and protective of him. Uaile greets the Dragonborn at the entrance, tells them Nepos is busy and not to disturb him. If The Forsworn Conspiracy quest is not active, continuing in can lead to being guilty of trespassing and the guards called. He is called "Nepos The Nose" because he has his nose in everyone's business, or he Nose (knows) everything going on with the city of Markarth. He also has a generously big nose.
Nepos' dialogue reveals that he is a Forsworn who answers to Madanach, the King in Rags. He further tells of how Madanach works from the Cidhna Mine, a Nordic prison, directing the downtrodden citizens to kill in the name of the Forsworn. Nepos does not seem threatened by the player's presence. After exiting the dialogue with Nepos, the Dragonborn will be attacked by Nepos, Uaile, Tynan and Morven.
- Nepos attacks with fire-based spells.
- His journal makes it sound like he regrets the things he has done in the name of the Forsworn, or at very least questions Madenach for continuing his crusade against the Nords and the Empire.
- If not killed during the quest, he will appear in the Temple of Talos, attacking the player on sight.
- Nepos is Latin for "grandson" or, more generally, "descendant" and is also a Latin surname.
- Nepos's Journal
- Key to Nepos' House
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)