In common sense, a Nerevarine is a "failed incarnation" of Indoril Nerevar. All of these people were somehow "possessed" by the spirit of the warlord, but they had critical flaws that made them destined to fail the fulfillment of the prophecy.
However, the Nerevarine (who successfully fulfilled the prophecy) is the player character and protagonist of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and its expansions Bloodmoon and Tribunal. At some point near the end of the Third Era, the Nerevarine left Morrowind on an expedition to Akavir and was never heard from again.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn, Neloth seemingly confirms the Nerevarine's gender as male.
- Comments made by NPCs in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion suggest that, at some point near the end of the Third Era, the Nerevarine may have made an expedition to Akavir, and was never heard from again. In The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn, many Dunmer can be encountered who will comment on the Nerevarine.
- Indoril Nerevar - the person that was reincarnated as the Nerevarine.
- Nerevarine Prophecy
- Vvardenfell Crisis
- The Seven Visions
- The Seven Curses
- The Stranger
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn (Mentioned only)