| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Dagger|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
Nettlebane is a unique dagger that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is almost identical to the Ebony Dagger but has lower base damage, weighs more and has a lower value than an Ebony Dagger. It is also somewhat green, while the Ebony Dagger is black.
According to legend, Nettlebane is the only weapon old enough to cut through the bark of the Eldergleam Tree, since the tree is older than the existence of metal itself, and thus is unharmed by any other weapons. Danica Pure-Spring needs the sap from the Eldergleam to restore the Gildergreen Tree in the center of Whiterun's Wind District to its original glory.
Nettlebane can be obtained at Orphan Rock from a Hagraven during the quest The Blessings of Nature. The hagraven is sacrificing a number of spriggans with the blade and is defended by several hags and witches. Once obtained from the Hagraven, the Dragonborn must bring the blade back to Danica Pure-Spring. She then sends the Dragonborn to Eldergleam Sanctuary to obtain Eldergleam Sap.
Nettlebane cannot be enchanted at an Arcane Enchanter.
- After showing Nettlebane to Asta in the Eldergleam Sanctuary, she will warn the Dragonborn not to harm the tree, saying "Nothing good can come of it." This foreshadows the spriggan ambush after retrieving the Eldergleam Sap.
- Unlike most daggers, Nettlebane cannot be gifted to an adopted child in Hearthfire.
- If the Dragonborn has a high Sneak skill, they may be able to pickpocket the blade off of the Hagraven. However, this is a very difficult task.
- Unlike normal Ebony Daggers, Nettlebane is slightly green-colored and has a root-like pattern on the blade.
This section contains bugs related to Nettlebane. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, when Nettlebane is stored in a dagger rack, it cannot be retrieved.
- When Nettlebane is stored in a dagger rack, it may float to the sides or fall out.
- When Nettlebane is stored on a weapon rack or a display case, it might vanish.
- When Nettlebane is reverse pickpocketed into an NPC's inventory it becomes a pair of Glass Gauntlets or occasionally an Ebony Helmet, both of which are retrievable, but are not able to be improved on a workbench.