This page lists news items posted at the wiki. To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
According to official announcements Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership and ESO Heads to Consoles June 9th, The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ is launching in March and ESO will be coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 worldwide on June 9th, 2015.
The launch of The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ means ESO is switching to "Buy to Play" with premium membership, offering premium players benefits of new in-game digital currency store, access to all DLCs and a 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration. The cost of premium membership is the same as the current subscription which starts at $14.99 for a 30-day period.
Console versions will be including The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ at launch which means console versions will not require subscription to play.Read more >
The latest the Road Ahead has been published. In the article, game director Matt Firor says they have done a lot since launch and the game is much better than it was at launch. In the future, they're bringing ESO to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015, and one of the largest updates (Update 6) will hit Public Test Server in January. In the meantime they'll continue bringing small patches to the game.
Update 6 will be including the Champion System and the Justice System, both have been discussing for a few months. The Champion System is a new post-level 50 system that aims to replace the Veteran System which will be including Champion Passives and many ability changes. For Justice System, they will introduce the PvE elements first, including the ability to steal from vendors, pickpocket and kill NPC. PvP elements of Justice System will be released when it's ready.
There's still no launch date for console versions of ESO but they are working steadily and they want to include Champion and J…Read more >
Zenimax Online Studios has announced the Six-Month Loyalty Reward, the Dwemer Sphere vanity pet, and it will soon be delivered via in-game mails to players who have subscribed for six months. This is the second Loyalty Reward for ESO players and the first one was the High Hrothgar Wraith for three-month subscribers in September. Read more here.
And staff confirmed in the official forum that they are working on making some improvements so that pets won't take up inventory spaces.
What's more, the Mudcrab Plush, which comes with a code of an in-game Rufous Mudcrab vanity pet, is for pre-sale in the Bethesda Merchandise Store and will be shipped on November 21st.Read more >
As reported by Polygon, Bethesda, the developers of the Elder Scrolls games, have announced they will have a partnership with Titan Books to make real physical books based on lore from The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
They are planned to come out on March 2015, and contain "specially commissioned, never-before-seen pieces of art" framed by "in-game lore".
More info can be found here from Polygon and here from the Official Bethesda blog.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. I: The Land
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. II: The Lore
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. I: The Histories
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. II: Men, Mer, and Beast
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. III: The Arcane
Update 5 is available for test on Public Test Server. This update offers improvements, changes, new features including:
- Veteran City of Ash
- Improved Facial Animations
- Veteran Rank Improvements
- Dungeon and Solo Scaling
- Undaunted Enclaves and Pledges
- Crafting Certification, Writs and Survey Reports
- New Crafting Style: Dwemer
- Chat Bubbles
- Skills Updates
- Dungeons and Quests Fixes
Full update list can be read here.Read more >
From IGN Sep 3rd, 2014 - Bethesda confirmed with IGN that Zenimax Online Studios, developer of has been hit by several layoffs.
Bethesda explained that they had initially built up their staff at the beginning and they saw the need to "adjust staffing" since the game is out and a community has been built, and the studio "continues to operate with a large work force."
For the future of , Bethesda said they "remained strongly committed to The Elder Scrolls Online," and they have planned expansion into important international territories.
Details of the layoffs are not revealed.Read more >
Matt Firor, game director of has put out the latest monthly update The Road Ahead - August 20. Here are the key features he mentioned:
- The migration of European megaserver is completed and they received reports of less latency.
- Combat has been tweaked to more responsive. More tweaks of combat system will be released in Update 5.
- They're actively dealing with exploits and cheats.
- Loyalty Program, a new feature that will give players special in-game rewards for spending their time subscribed to ESO, will be introduced later this week. Starting out with an Ice Wraith vanity pet.
- Update 4 will include:
- Upper Craglorn, the final region of Craglorn;
- the Serpent Trial, a new trial for a group of 12 players;
- the Dragonstar Arena, PvE event for a group of 4 players.
- Leaderboards will be wiped due to exploits in trials.
- Developers are working hard on Champion System, a system to replace Veteran system and encourages growth in players' characters for as long as they wish.
- More players are needed to help o…
Zenimax Online released an update 4 preview video of . Update 4, which will be launched in September, includes content of Upper Craglorn with its new Trial, the Dragonstar Arena and much more.Read more >
Australian television gaming show, Good Game last night aired their top 100 games of all time - as voted on by their fans.
I am very happy to announce that Skyrim was listed first of these.
If interested, you can see the full list of games in the top 100 here.
(Full video of the episode is available for free here).
Morrowind and Oblivion also made the top 100, coming in at 36th and 30th respectively.
I would like to point out though - this is without any mention of this vote here on our site. If it was - these results would have obviously been a lot higher.
And now, on a different note - I am sorry that I haven't been around much lately. The short version is that my daughter, Lilah, is much, much more of a handful than Ethan ever was, but there's a lot of other stuff happening as well. So ... sorry.
I'll try and get back here again soon.
P.s. On a personal gaming note though - i am disappointed that Fallout 3 was not at least in the top 5.Read more >
is now available on Steam. The Elder Scrolls Online is 50% off and The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition is 40% off till July 22nd. Players who buy the Imperial Edition before July 21st 9:59 AM PDT will receive a special pet, the Whiterun Wolfhound. Read more >
The The Elder Scrolls Online Development team has announced their plans for the game over July.
ZOS will be out in force with The Elder Scrolls Online at QuakeCon in Dallas from July 17th through the 20th. They'll have their own panel and there will be hands-on stations and a Q&A session. Some of the upcoming updates of Elder Scrolls Online will be discussed at QuakeCon.
The EU Megaserver will be migrated to Frankfurt data center between the last week of July and the first week of August.
Changes of Veteran rank system will continue and they will lead to a much more compelling high-level PvE experience.
- Phase 1: Lower difficulty in Veteran Zones. This change came to the live servers on July 7th with update patch 1.2.5.
- Phase 2: Remove the Veteran Point system, introduce the normal experience point system and increase the XP gained from PvP. This change will be applied over the summer.
- Phase 3: Introduce a completely new Veteran System based on new character customization and growth mechanic…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online Development team today announced their plans for the game over the coming month.
The following are some of the changes that will be made:
- Dragonknights are going to become gradually less overpowered in the interests of class balancing.
- Nightblades are going to become gradually more powered in keeping with the same class balancing.
- Anyone with a subscription will now be able to access the Public Test Servers, which will let you get access to the new updates before they are publicly released - including testing advanced veteran combat.
- Update Two (as they are calling it) will take place the "week
of June 23", and will include:
- Crypt of Hearts (Online) - a veteran dungeon for Veteran Rank 12 character, involving Nerien'eth the Lich.
- First-person Field-of-view changes
- More object-interaction - particularly the ability to pick up and equip weapons and armor found around the world. (Opinion: Maybe this will later include books too, since they appear quite a lot)
- More ongoin…
Read more >
Bethesda have revealed that the Xbox One and PS4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online have been delayed by about six months due to a series of platform unique problems. The delay will result in pushing the release date to around Christmas:
To make up for the delay, Bethesda is offering a deal that allows PC and Mac owners of the game to pick up a digital console copy for $20 if they’ve purchased the game by the end of June.
See elderscrollsonline.com for full details.
Read more >
Now that Elder Scrolls Online has been online for some time and we have many new editors flocking to this wiki I would like to take the opportunity to emphasize the guidelines we have for especially images taken from the game, but also remind everyone of the Policies and guidelines and our Style and formatting guide for making more professional articles.
Link to the full image policy.
At our wiki we do have some image standards, especially for character images.
- Images of characters should measure 600px W x 1000px H
- Images should be in .PNG format
- Images should be a full body image if possible
- Images should be taken without any environment distractions that would otherwise take the focus off the character if possible
- No UI on (User interface)
Now I know it is more difficult in to match some of the requirements as one can't stop the game, or use any commands as we can in the previous games. The character will not stand still as you wish, but mostly they are in some position when not being talk…
Read more >
To celebrate tomorrow’s worldwide launch of , Zenimax have released an infograph detailing some of the incredible stats and numbers that we can expect from the game. These include how many character variations you can make, the number of books you can read, and how many mudcrabs you’d need to kill to reach level 50!
Some of the numbers revealed absolutely dwarf what was present in , such as the NPCs and weapons, so it's safe to say our editors will truly have their work cut out for them!Read more >
In a few mere days before the launch of the much anticipated The Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax Online studio's has once again released an aritcle of a FAQ. The article details questions answered about the launch times of the games and important information on how every character the player makes is bound to the server they've chosen.
The following are the launch times for the 5 day Early Access scheduled to start March 30th*:
- North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT
- UK/IE:12:00 PM WEST
- Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST
- Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT
- Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT
Note: The 3 day early access follows the exact same schedule except it will start on April 1st.
The following are the launch times for the April 4 launching:
- North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd
- UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Friday, April 4th
- Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Friday, April 4th
- Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, Friday, April 4th
- Singapore: 7:00 AM SGT, Friday, April 4th
Hello fellow Elder Scrolls players! We hope your adventures are continuing to be fruitful and you aren't dying (too much).
With the release of The Elder Scrolls Online on the horizon, we wanted to make you aware of an opportunity coming down the line. We at Wikia have the chance to talk with Bethesda about the game, and we were wondering if you had any questions you wanted us to toss at them?
We now know who we'll be talking specifically with:
- Matt Firor, Game Director
- Paul Sage, Creative Director
- Nick Konkle, Lead Gameplay Designer
- Brian Wheeler, Lead PvP Designer
Obviously the usual caveats apply: while there may be a ton of questions, we won't be able to get to all of them, but we will try our very best to squeeze in as much as we can with whatever time we're given. And no questions about guppies.
Once we've gone through the interview, we'll be posting an Expert Showcase with the answers for your viewing pleasure!
To participate, just throw your questions into the comments section below.…
Read more >
C0DA, a 60+ page graphic novel written by former Bethesda employee and contract writer Michael Kirkbride was released today at 15:00 UTC. The novel is said to answer many long unanswered lore mysteries, such as the disappearance of the Dwemer, fate of Nerevarine, what is Landfall, the New Man and more. It also features unique artwork created by several talented artists however, as of writing, the artwork is missing but should be made available "any minute now".
The project has involved a lot of voluntary work, and will, therefore, be free to anyone with Internet access. C0da can be read here or downloaded as a PDF. In addition to the project, Michael Kirkbride has encouraged fans of the lore to create their own C0DA, or expand upon the work others, in what he has dubbed "the sequel to the Elder Scrolls Universe". See tomorrowindtoday.com for details.Read more >
Zenimax Online recently announced that they would release an 'Imperial' Collector's Edition of the game that would include various physical and digital bonuses.
The package comes in two forms: Physical and Digital. The Physical edition includes all the digital bonuses plus a Molag Bal Statue, a Map of Tamriel, and an Elder Scrolls Lore Book, referred to as 'The Emperor's Guide'
Both versions of the Imperial Edition include special Digital Bonuses, at the forefront of which is obviously the ability to play as a member of the Imperial race. This means that you will be able to play as an Imperial in any of the three alliances, and that armor and weapons will have a distinctive Greco-Romanesque design, which extends to crafted items. Also, players will be given a unique white horse ('cough' Shadowfax 'cough') mount and a Mudcrab vanity pet. Finally, Players will be allowed to 'marry' other players, so to speak: They can choose to bind themselves to each other and receive significant XP bonu…
Read more >
In a recent update by Matt Firor on Playstation Blog, he answers many questions that fans who are planning on playing ESO on PS4 have been wanting to know in a Q&A style blog. Read the entire post right here. The main highlights are:
- Players will not be required to have both a Playstation Plus membership and a subscription, only a subscription to ESO, in order to play online.
- The megaservers for PS4 will be seperate between North American players and European players.
- PC and Mac users will have seperate servers from the console servers. This also means that console players won't have higher level PC/Mac players to contend with when the game launches.
- Action Bars, while standard for PC's, will be incorporated differently on the PS4 controller. No exact details were given, but Firor comments "Abilities are conveniently accessible for fun "on the couch" gameplay, and the team is really happy with how its comming along."
- While not the same, there will be a few similarities between the control …
In a recent post on Bethesda Softwork's twitter account @Bethblog, the ESRB has "advised" them that they have given The Elder Scrolls Online a mature rating, despite Zenimax's desire to have the game rated teen. In the post, they say that "While we may disagree with ESRB's determination, we do not plan to challenge the rating, and we are unwilling to change the game's content to acheive a different rating." and acting accordingly, they will be adding the appropriate age gates as well as updating videos and advertisements to reflect the rating. You can read the full post here.
Also in a news page update, Zenimax Online has released a new video of a developer play session encompassing group PVE (Player vs. Environment) content, featuring commentary from Creative Director Paul Sage, Lead Gameplay Designer Nick Konkle, and Dungeon Lead Dan Grenshaw.
Edit: Additionally, ESO's voice cast has also been revealed. As star studed as you can expect any Elder Scrolls game to be, the caste includes:
In a special message from Game Director Matt Firor, the Elder Scrolls Online gets an official PC and Mac release date of Friday, April 4th, 2014. Playstation 4 and Xbox One console users can expect to see the game in June of 2014, with an exact date yet to be announced. Firor explains the motivations behind releasing the game first on PC and Mac, saying "...we need to do a staggered rollout of the different versions of the game to spread out the initial service load and ensure an enjoyable, smooth gameplay experience." and also comments "We long ago promised that as soon as a version of the game is ready, we will launch it." The full community message can be read here. And as another treat for fans, a brand new trailer showcasing all out PVP war. Enjoy!Read more >
ESO developer Zenimax Online, has once again released an informative video, this time detailing character progression. Lead gameplay designer Nick Konkle provide's commentary, describing how the system is arranged in a very traditional TES manner where leveling up through questing or finding skyshards awards 2 points, one to spend on a pool of resources (Health, Magicka, Stamina) called attribute points, and a skill point, which is how a player can further define a character by picking how their skills evolve over the course of the game. Watch the video, and don't forget to check the official news page to keep up to date on developer Q&A as well as the latest Tamriel Chronicle. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Zenimax Online has released a new article further describing the motivations behind why the team decided to go with a class based system, as well as the concept behind skill "morphing". Read it here.
UPDATE: Zenimax has also released an episode of "Ask us Anything" specifically for questions about s…
Read more >
Zenimax Online Studios recently released an interactive map of Tamriel.
Discover more about the world of and see new screenshots from each region. It also contains some snippets of in-game books and conversations relating to that particular region.
Many of the regions listed are already confirmed locations at launch. Locations such as Hegathe and Vvardenfell will appear after-launch.Read more >
4J Studios, the developers of Minecraft: Xbox 360 edition, have announced a Skyrim themed mash-up pack due for release in the near future.
Priced at $3.99/£2.69/€3.79, the mash-up features an exclusive Skyrim-centic texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and user interface, craftable items, and more than 20 iconic selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack.
In addition, the pre-set world recreates memorable areas including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow, but on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits.
For a full list of details, see the BethBlog.com
Read more >
Zenimax has recently released new details on the character creation process that highlights all of its diverse features. Zenimax's Jared Carr, the art director on ESO, narrates, going into detail on how the way the character looks can be a very important and personal thing for many players, and how the art team worked hard to make the process as detailed as possible. Watch the video and enjoy!Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online Emote contest is now over, and winners have been selected here. Here are the finalists:
- Honor/Dishonor: When you defeat an enemy in PVP, show them respect or dishonor, depending on how they were fighting.
- /Toast: Similar to the drinking emote, this one would enable characters to raise a toast to a quest well done, for instance.
- /Strategy: The character pondering what to do next, opening a map and considering various aspects of it.
- /Awe: Pretty self explanatory
Today, more information was released regarding . Here's a summary:
- Armor and weapons will have varied appearances, depending on race, and level progression with that weapon.
- Wildlife will appear in the game, and can be collected for hides and leather. Hunting will not be a skill.
- You will be able to play as several characters.
- Some armor sets will have set bonuses
- Each of the armor types will have skill lines, which will give a bonus for wearing more of a similar type of armor.
- Veteran Points are similar to XP, and your Veteran Rank goes up as you gain them.
- Veteran Points will grant stats and the ability to equip better gear, although with smaller increases than from leveling up your character.
- Soul Gems can be used to resurrect players in PvP. Soul Gems can be bought "at a premium". After further clarification, this means with in-game currency, not microtransactions.
- Sorcerers have a Summon Winged Twilight Ability.
- At first, this has a ranged attack only.
- Later, a morph choice, grants the abil…
Bethesda Softworks announced today that they are opening a new office in Sydney, Australia.
ZeniMax Australia Pty Ltd will be headed up by Simon Alty, former Managing Director of One to Another Pty Ltd. Alty will serve as marketing manager for Australia and New Zealand and his office will directly oversee sales, marketing, and distribution for all Bethesda titles in the region.Read more >
This week, ElderScrollsOnline.com answered some community based questions with regards to the Lore surrounding the game. The following is a summary of what was revealed:
- Lainlyn will indeed be in the game, as listed earlier in one of the Ask Us sections, of the Daggerfall covenant. However, it is called Tava’s Blessing at this time. Also, the Lainlyn Family will be present in the game, and the town is later named after them.
- Harpies will be in the game, and will exist in the Alik'r Desert.
- Orsinium will be featured in the game, as mentioned in a previous announcement.
- The Wrothgarian Mountains are ruled by King Kurog of Orsinium in the South, and various strongholds in the north.
- Reachmen will exist in the game (precursors to the Forsworn), and are hostile NPCs in High Rock, Hammerfell, Skyrim, and Cyrodiil.
- The Adamantine Tower can be seen from the shores of Iliac Bay.
- Orcs in northern Tamriel (i.e. Skyrim) may be seen in the various strongholds, but they do not get involved, unlike the Wro…
In a Eurogamer interview with Maria Aliprando, Creature Combat designer at Zenimax, she reveals that went through a massive re-coding and graphical overhaul to include a more intuitive, Skyrim-like first person play style, and she revealed many other details that many fans have been wanting to know.
She reveals details that include dungeons, alliance territory, PVP, leveling, skills, and more. Check out the video!
Also, don't forget to check the latest round of developer Q&A on the official site.Read more >
In a move that may surprise Elder Scrolls fans, Matt Firor, General Manager of ZeniMax Online, has confirmed that will follow a subscription based model.
In an interview with GameStar.de, Matt explained that charging a flat monthly fee was the only way to deliver the game the fans wanted and the one they set out to make. He elaborates further by explaining that going with any other payment model would mean sacrifices would be required in other areas.
Subscription will be free for the first 30 days with the purchase of the game. After this time, the basic monthly charge will be $14.99/€12.99/£8.99. There will also be the option for discounts if multiple months are bought at a time.
In addition, Matt also revealed they are already working on content that will roll out to players after ESO's launch. New quest lines, skills, zones and dungeons are already in the pipeline. While it's unclear what the exact schedule for these updates will be, the target is to have new content available every …Read more >
Zenimax revealed some new gameplay at Quakecon today. The video shows character creation, some locations in Morrowind, details about the game mechanics, story, and much more. Check out some gameplay footage from IGN:
Updated: There is a new Q&A on Ask Us Anything: QuakeCon Live Gameplay. Some questions in the live gameplay trailer are answered.
Read more >
Bethesda announced today that they will be releasing The Elder Scrolls Anthology for PC. It will contain the entire collection of the Elder Scrolls series from Arena up to Skyrim, including all DLC. The anthology will arrive on retail shelves on September 10, 2013 for $79.99 (£49.99 / €59.99 / 89.99 AUD).
The Elder Scrolls Anthology includes:
- Five Physical Maps detailing the lands of Tamriel, Iliac Bay, Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and Skyrim.
Read more >
Bethesda has recently announced that, after winning various awards from a number of different sites, the Elder Scrolls Online won the "Best RPG of E3 2013" award. This is the fourth game published by Bethesda Games Studios that has won the "Best Role Playing Game" award, with the other three being The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Players can find more information about the award-winning Elder Scrolls Online in this article or on the official website.
There has been alot of talk about Elder Scrolls Online at E3 this year, and many new details have been revealed. The Elder Scrolls Online website has made an E3 coverage roundup with a collection of interviews and videos.
- Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
- Marry other players
- Become Vampire/Werewolf
- First person view
- Same experience for all platforms
- Guilds can claim and control keeps
- Players can become Emperor
- Releases on all platforms Spring 2014
- Real time day/night cycles
- Skill line for each race
- Player can have followers
- Mount can get upgraded
- Alliance points for PVP
- Dungeons feature dynamic loot for the individual player
- Any class can use any weapon and any armor
Wikia is here at E3 and we recently got a chance to get hands-on with The Elder Scrolls Online. To be honest, I was a big naysayer when I first saw the game last year. The game had been in a development for a long time and it failed to impress. After playing the game myself yesterday, it's glaringly clear the team has put a lot of effort into improving the look and feel of Elder Scrolls: Online.
I don't want to get into too many details about my short time with the game, but feel free to ask questions in the comments if you have any.
Some of you already submitted questions for the show, so let's cut to the chase. Here are the answers I could scrounge up from Bethesda representatives about The Elder Scrolls Online!
1. Will The Elder Scrolls online interrupt with the lore of the series that we know and love?
According to the Bethesda rep I spoke to, the game adhered to continuity established in the series pretty closely. I imagine location details and geography may have to shift out of nece…Read more >
Bethesda revealed at the E3 convention that is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Spring 2014. In celebration, a new gameplay trailer has been released.Read more >
E3 2013 is just a few days away, and there is plenty to get excited about! Not only will more information on the new console generation be revealed, but new games and announcements for current gen and next gen will be shown. At this year's conference, we can expect to see new details about The Elder Scrolls Online. Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks, this Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) will be a series first. Taking place on the continent of Tamriel. Players will be able to create character, select a class, and make their own legacy in a constantly evolving online world.
The game will be set a millennium before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The primary antagonist will be the Daedric Prince Molag Bal. A large portion of the contient will be playable in the game, and players will have the opportunity to join various factions, including The Aldmeri Dominon, the Daggerfall Covenant, and the Ebonheart Pact. Other fact…
Read more >
Bethesda has recently announced that an updated version of the Prima strategy guide for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be released this Tuesday, June 4th, alongside the Legendary Edition of the game. This updated guide covers the base game and its three add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
The standard edition of the guide comes with over 1,100 pages detailing the various items, quests, enemies, and locations, with 4,205 screenshots. The Standard Edition of this guide comes with a two-sided map poster. Also available is the hardcover bound Collector's Edition, which contains ribbon bookmarks and a 24" poster with signatures from Bethesda Game Studios employees. More information about these guides, and where to buy them, can be found at Prima's website.Read more >
Read more >
Bethesda has recently announced that they are ready to release The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition. This version of the game will come with the most recent patch of the game (1.9 update), as well as the game's three add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn. It will be made available for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 at $59.99 on June 4th. It will be made available in Europe a few days later, on June 7th.
Bethesda Games Studios have revealed that their next major project is currently in pre-production, but its at the stage where it requires the studio's full attention. Although they will continue to make some minor updates to as needed, it is made clear that they're "moving on".
The question of future add-ons has been answered as Pete Hines confirmed via twitter that there is no more DLC coming.
See bethblog.com for full details.
Read more >
The patch is out of beta and available to all Xbox 360 users. It will be out later today for the PS3. See full list of updates
The patch is out of beta and available to all Steam users.
Steam users can download the beta version of Skyrim 1.9 title update today. The update includes two new features:
- Legendary difficulty - A new difficulty setting above Master.
- Legendary Skills - Skills of 100 can be made "Legendary". This will reset the skill to 15, return its perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap of 81.
In addition to the new features are many bug fixes. Console players will need to wait for the 1.9 update later this month, however no exact dates have been given.
Some of the most notable bug fixes include:
- Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again.
- The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern's Potion.
- Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a ques…
Read more >
The TES Online team have answered several question relating to the upcoming beta on their website. They revealed that small groups of focused testing will occur during March and April.
Invitations to the general public for the first round of beta events will be sent out around the end of March. In addition, these beta events will initially be held on the weekends and each test will have a limited windows of access to the game. The beta itself will be around 20GB in size.
For full information, see elderscrollsonline.comRead more >
Zenimax have today released some more information regarding general questions that fans have had. If you're interested, you can read it here.
Below is a summary of what was learnt, though:
- Inventory: Based on "slots", but will also be sortable by
categories, such as weapons and armor.
- Other sorting options will be available, such as item value, and how recently items were picked up.
- Item removal will be "very simple".
- The Khajiiti symbol represents the Two Moons, Secunda and Masser, as well as the Khajiiti's claws. The Bosmeri symbol represents the Green Pact.
- TES Online will be fully voice-acted.
- It will be possible to be a "full" healer style character, by choosing the Templar class, and then the Restoration staff lines of upgrades.
- The Falmer may make an appearance in TES Online.
- The Blades will not appear in TES Online, due to the lore of the era. At the time, the Akaviri Dragonguard, as they were then known, were not yet reformed into a coherent organisation.
- The Eight Divines are worshippe…
- Inventory: Based on "slots", but will also be sortable by categories, such as weapons and armor.
Zenimax have released another background story from The Elder Scrolls Online. This time, it's some more backstory regarding King Emeric. You can read it for yourself here, or you can read it below.
By His Majesty King Emeric
For a dozen years after the Battle of Granden Tor, the kingdoms of High Rock were at peace, and the merchant ships of Wayrest, Daggerfall, and Sentinel traded near and far to all the ports of Tamriel. In my father's hall of business in Wayrest I learned of the tracking of shipments, the balancing of accounts, and the fluctuation of currencies, but Pierric of Cumberland knew the nature of the world, and he was not content to have his son learn only of the ways of peace and trade. Every morning I sparred with the Cumberland Master of Arms, and every afternoon the weather permitted I rode a warhorse, exercising with the Menevia Heavy Dragoons. It wasn't just practice: for two months every summer, I traveled as lieutenant of the mounted escort of the Evermore Caravan, a…
Read more >
The developers of TES Online have announced here that they will be driving a Food Truck around America for Certain events in America. You will be able to meet the developers at these events (and presumably ask them questions, too).
The dates are as follows:
- SXSW 2013 – Austin, Texas (March 10)
- PAX East – Boston, Massachusetts (March 22)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst – Amherst, Massachusetts (March 29)
- Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan (April 12)
- University of Colorado – Boulder, Colorado (April 26)
- University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona (May 3)
- E3 2013 – Los Angeles, California (June 12)
- Comic-Con International – San Diego, California (July 18)
- PAX Prime – Seattle, Washington (August 31)
- University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California (September 20)
- University of California, Berkeley – Berkeley, California (October 4)
So those are the dates, if anyone is interested in attending.
Oh, and something just as important, too - Malukah will be travelling with them. She's the o…
Read more >
Today, Zenimax answered some more general questions from people regarding The Elder Scrolls Online. (Available here if anyone would like to read it).
Here's what was learnt from it:
- Both the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild will be in the game. (Although this has been known since June last year).
- Mages Guild need to "recapture lore that could be lost in the chaos of the interregnum"
- Fighters Guild exist to "thwart the plans of Molag Bal".
- Daedric Princes may appear with quests, as in other Elder Scrolls games, however, this is uncertain.
- Dwemer may appear ("As far as anyone knows, all the Dwemer disappeared in the year 1E 668…") (Direct Quote there)
- Orsimer Religion: (Regarding Malacath/Mauloch) "As with other races, the religious practices of the Orcs vary from place to place and from clan to clan. Some Orcs worship the Daedric Prince Malacath; some Orcs (including most of those in the Daggerfall Covenant) worship the Divine named Mauloch, whom they insist is not a Daedra at all; and some Orc…
Bethesda has recently released an update to the HD Texture Pack for PC players. This update adds high resolution for the base game, as well as Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
For those who already have the HD Texture Pack, this update is approximately 4.7 GB. Bethesda warns that PC's should exceed the minimum system requirements for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim before installation. That includes:
- Windows Vista/7
- At least 4GB of system RAM
- DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with a minimum of 1GB RAM.
In other PC news, Dragonborn is now on Steam, priced at $19.99. PlayStation 3 owners can expect to see the add-on hit the PlayStation Store February, 12, at half the price for the first week.Read more >
European Update - 05/02/1012
This week , , and the 1.8 update have all cleared certification with SCEA according to Bethesda. This means the North American official release dates have been revealed. They are:
- Dragonborn: Tuesday, February 12th
- Hearthfire: Tuesday, February 19th
- Dawnguard: Tuesday, February 26th
European release dates for the English versions are one day after:
- Dragonborn: Wednesday, February 13th
- Hearthfire: Wednesday, February 20th
- Dawnguard: Wednesday, February 27th
In addition, all three add-ons will be half price during their first week of release only.
In other news, the soundtracks for , and , composed by Jeremy Soule, are now available on iTunes. See the links below for further details:
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Original Game Soundtrack)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Original Game Soundtrack)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Original Game Soundtrack)