This page lists news items posted at the wiki. To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
The Elder Scrolls: Legends has now entered open Beta phase. This means that you no longer have to sign up and wait for an invitation to play the game. You can now download the Bethesda Launcher, create an account if you hadn't already and head straight into the game!
While you're at it. Make sure to upload any new information you discover to the wiki. We can use every bit of help! If you come across any card that isn't on documented here, we encourage you to do so yourselves. Make sure to use the already existent card articles as example pages (read: copy and paste them and fill in the blanks).
Read the full update here.Read more >
Update: the DLC will cost 1500 Crowns without an ESO Plus subscription and will be released on PC/Mac on August 1st, and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 16th. Read the newest update here.
Today, news broke that Update 11 for The Elder Scrolls Online will include a general patch and a DLC dungeon pack called Shadows of the Hist.
The DLC pack includes:
- Cradle of Shadows – An all new four-player dungeon featuring a storyline involved with the Argonian Dark Brotherhood and a rival apparent for both normal and veteran modes.
- Ruins of Mazzatun – Another four-player dungeon with normal/veteran modes focused on freeing slaves from an oppressive tribe in the backdrop of a crumbling city full of riddles.
The Patch includes:
- The opportunity to change the appearance, race, and gender of your character as well as cosmetic changes to hair and tattoos.
- Hel Ra Citadel, the Aetherian Archive, and Dragonstar Arena improvements: More difficulty; more rewards.
- Be able to text chat with other players on conso…
We'll be streaming Bethesda's E3 conference LIVE tonight on Twitch, and this blog will be updated as things are announced. The pre-show begins at 9:15pm ET, with the actual conference beginning at 10:00pm ET.
If you want to watch it yourself, follow this link to Bethesda's Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda.
- Pete Hines gave more details about The Elder Scrolls:
- A trailer animated in the Legends art style showing off some info about the main storyline of the game was shown.
- He also presented some basic gameplay information, mentioning that even more people will be let into the closed beta.
- Legends will be coming out for PC/Mac, iOS, and Android devices "later this year."
- A remastered version of called the "Special Edition" has been
- The Special Edition will be released for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 28th.
- It will have significantly better graphics than the original version.
- There will also be mods available for all platforms with the Special Edition.
- Some ne…
- Pete Hines gave more details about The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
On May 17th, leaked details regarding the canceled game The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion Mobile were made available to the public via Neogaf. In addition to general background information on the game, the leak provided several screenshots as well as a few gameplay videos, which were later pulled from YouTube by ZeniMax.
Developed mainly by Climax, Oblivion Mobile, it would have explored the rest of Tamriel during the Oblivion Crisis, and offered a number of very innovative mechanics for its time. Unfortunately, it canceled in 2007, largely due to budget shortfalls.
Read the full stories here:
- The leak: The Cancelled Oblivion: PSP Revealed
- Background info: The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion [PSP – Cancelled
Update: the NDA for the beta has been lifted; content from it can now be disclosed freely.
Bethesda Softworks has announced via twitter that The Elder Scrolls: Legends' closed beta sign-ups begin today. More can be found on Reddit. External links and the FAQ can be seen below:
FAQ can be read here:
- Where can I find information regarding games announced at E3 2015?
Information regarding upcoming and released products announced as part of E3 (Fallout 4, Fallout Shelter, BATTLECRY, Dishonored 2, DOOM, or Elder Scrolls Legends) are available at the dedicated sites below:
- TES Legends
- TES Online
- What are the PC requirements for The Elder Scrolls: Legends beta?
The requirements for The Elder Scrolls: Legends on PC are as follows:
- Operating System - Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
- Processor - Intel Pentium D or AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2
- Video - NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB) or better
- Memory - 2 GB RAM
- Storage - 3 GB available HD space
- Internet - Broadband Internet co…
Read more >
UPDATE: New details on the DLC have been released:
The game will be released on PC/Mac on May 31st, and on Xbox One/PlayStation 4 on June 14th. It's free if you have an ESO Plus subscription, but otherwise it will cost 2000 Crowns in the Crown Store. External links with even more information can be seen below.
Madman here, *cough* with the news.
(Madman97 takes a hit from his fatty blunt and hits the television prompter remote in his interview studio. This video pops up)
Sorry, no Dave today, but I've got something just as depraved to show ya'. Turns out, people still play The Elder Scrolls Online. Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are. But it looks like for among the five still palling around Tamriel a new DLC will be available: The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood. Yeah, you remember those creepy types from and . Though my spies haven't got word on the price tag yet, the developers I kidnapped and tortured have told me that PAX East will be demonstrating a showcase in the C…Read more >
Today, The Elder Scrolls Online gave us a first look at the upcoming DLC, The Elder Scrolls Online: Thieves Guild. ZeniMax stated that it will cost 2,000 Crowns in the Crown Store and will be released on PC/Mac on March 7th, on Xbox One on March 22nd, and on PlayStation 4 on March 23rd.
You can see for yourself and watch the trailer here, but below is a summary:
- The DLC will take place in Hammerfell, in the zone called Hew's Bane.
- The group are being hunted by a mercenary group known as the Iron Wheel.
- The Thieves Guild's headquarters are Abah's Landing.
- There will be a new 12-player trial, called the Maw of Lorkhaj.
- New group bosses and delves to discover.
- New criminal activities.
- A new skill line for Thieves Guild.
- New motifs, item sets, and other items.
- Various smaller improvements and optimizations.
Bethesda said in a news update on December 9th that they would be opening a new office in Montreal, Québec to "expand [their] development capabilities in console, PC, and mobile gaming."
The studio has already set up a "core team" of more than 40 game developers with varying specializations. Yves Lachance has been given the job of Studio Director.
Read their full update here.Read more >
As of today—November 2nd, 2015—the DLC for is available for players on PC and Mac. As you can see here, the Xbox One version is planned to be released on November 17th and the Playstation 4 version on November 18th.
Those with an active ESO Plus™ membership will automatically have access to the Orsinium DLC game pack. Otherwise, the DLC can be purchased for 3,000 Crowns via the in-game Crown Store. Additionally, the DLC's Collector's Edition contains the Orsinium DLC game pack itself as well as miscellaneous bonuses for 5,000 total.
The DLC adds a number of new quests, group bosses, delves, public dungeons, new items, and even a new game mode, as well as numerous other new features and several smaller optimizations. For more information, see the official news update on the DLC.Read more >
Well, if you have not noticed yet, the first of this month brought us the long awaited expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online. This is the first DLC for this game, and it returns us to the capital of the empire. As of now, it is only on PC and Mac, but will arrive to Xbox One and Play station four on 9/15 and 9/16.
You cannot accses the new content until you have bought the expansion—which costs 2500 Crowns if you don't have an ESO Plus membership—and have reached level 10. With this new story, we can expect hours of expanded play time, new areas to fight along side friends or alone, and powerful new weapons and armor. With this new adventure, the game also has a patch that effects everybody, so with the DLC and the patch, the game now includes:
- All new content, available to players that are level 10 or higher
- A brand new PvP/PvE space that includes six Imperial City Districts
- New story content, quests, and characters within the Imperial City
- A new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imp…
The Distribution site GOG.com has just released multiple DRM-free Bethesda Softworks titles on their website. Among them, the following Elder Scrolls titles are now availible for download:
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire ($5.99)
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard ($5.99)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - GOTY Edition ($19.99)
This marks the first time and are availible to download online. Until September 2nd, these titles are all included in a 33% off bundle at $21.37. If any of the games are bought, and are included as complimentary downloads.
The DLC will be made available for official release on August 31st, so keep your eyes open for that.Read more >
Update – The DLC has been released for PC and Mac!
As you can see for yourself here, it will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
It will be free for Tamriel Plus members (as much as something you pay for is "free," and will consist of 6 regions of Imperial City). Release Info
The Imperial City DLC game pack will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.
With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following (all content is available to players that are level 10 and up):
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the…
Read more >
While the hot topic of E3 has been Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls franchise has also recieved some new info on future releases, including an upcoming spin-off.
A teaser trailer of The Elder Scrolls: Legends has been shown, which you can view here. The game is a spin-off, and a card game using Elder Scrolls lore. It will be developed by Direwolf Digital and published by Bethesda, though not much else is currently known about the game.
The Elder Scrolls Online has received some footage of the long-awaited upcoming areas of Wrothgar, the homeland of the Orcs, and the Imperial City, the crown jewel of war-torn Cyrodiil and heart of Tamriel. A tease for the Dark Brotherhood has also been shown with the Black Hand captioned with the words "We know" posted on a letter.Read more >
Just after four days of the feature's release, Valve and Bethesda have announced that they are removing paid mods from the Steam Workshop.
Having decided to listen to the majority of the community, Valve and Bethesda have agreed on removing paid mods. Users who have previously purchased any mods can now refund them. Originally, Skyrim was intended to be the forefront game that would bring paid modding into the gaming community, though this has severely backfired on them. There have been a few legal issues and the Fishing Mod was removed due to Copyright issues just a few days back. Valve regrets making a bad mark on the modding community and will refrain from doing this again in the future.Read more >
ESO has announced console beta is starting at 10AM EDT, Thursday, April 23rd, through 10AM EDT, Monday, April 27th. This is a limited, closed public beta without any Non-disclosure Agreement. Some of those who signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited console beta will receive invites on April 22nd.
For more information, please click this link for the full announcement: The ESOTU Console Beta Starts Tomorrow!Read more >
Elder Scrolls Online has announced a Welcome Back Weeked for beta players. From Thursday, April 16th at 10:00 AM EDT through Monday, April 20th at 10:00 AM EDT, players who played in the ESO beta but never bought the game will be able to play Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited without buying the game. For more information, players can check their emails and start downloading ESO clients. And there will be events happening during Welcome Back Weekend so please keep an eye on ESO official site.
What's more, some new items will be added into the Crown Store soon. These items include all crafting motifs, skill and attribute respec scrolls, Pledge of Mara and a limited edition svelte Senche-Leopard mount which will only be available for a limited time. For prices and more information, please check this thread in ESO official forum: Crown Store Updates and New Items.Read more >
Following the release of the game's sixth update just a few days ago, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited has now been released. Keep in mind that this is not a new standalone game or DLC, it is just a re-branded version of The Elder Scrolls Online in celebration of the game's removal of the mandatory subscription model.
Speaking of the subscription model, as opposed to in the last 11 months for the game's release where you've had to pay $15 a month to play, today marks the first day in which this is no longer required. Of course, you'll still have to pay the regular $60 fee (or occasionally $20 during a sale) to get the game. If you currently have the game, you can log in right now without a subscription and play as long as you want. If there is some error, it is suggested you re-install the game. The subscription is still optional and is now known as ESO Plus™. It gives a numerous amount of bonuses and access to all DLCs which can be read about in this blog. The free 30 days c…Read more >
While Bethesda no longer has any plans on upcoming DLCs for their now 3-year-old game , they have finally relinquished the 100 MB file restrictions on the Steam Community Workshop. This means modmakers can now upload larger mod files to the workshop instead of being limited to other mod sharing sites. In addition, mod downloads will be handled by the Steam Client instead of the game's launcher, though the launcher will still maintain it's task for updating the game with newer patches. The Creation Kit update 1.9.33 required for this is currently in a beta testing period and will end around March 9th. For more information, see the Bethesda article.has now released Update 6 after it's numerous beta weeks on the Public Test Server. Information on this update can be read on the Road Ahead article. Another reminder is that the update is just in time for the Tamriel Unlimited launch on March 17th, which will mark the date on which the game removes it's monthly subscription after almost one… Read more >
In the latest released The Road Ahead, game director Matt Firor mainly talks about the future of the Loyalty Program, the philosophy of the Crown Store, ESO Plus, and console release and transfers.
- There will be two more loyalty rewards—the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter and a special Striped Senche (giant cat) mount, before the release of Tamriel Unlimited. Then the Loyalty Program will retire.
- The items players could buy in the Crown Store will serve as either visual upgrade or time-saving purpose.
- Members of ESO Plus will get bonuses to in-game leveling systems, 1500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store each month, and access to all DLC game packs for the duration of their membership.
- Console versions will have completely new user interface, built-in voice chat system, as well as many features that take advantage of the built-in services that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 offer.
- Console transfer costs $20 and can be set up before June 9th.
Bethesda has announced that they will be hosting their first ever E3 Conference on their blog. It will take place on June 14, 2015 and will be located at Hollywood, California. Most factors point towards the announcement of a new Fallout game, but there is always the chance of some new details on future Elder Scrolls games. The rest can be read here.Read more >
According to official announcements Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership and ESO Heads to Consoles June 9th, The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ is launching in March and ESO will be coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 worldwide on June 9th, 2015.
The launch of The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ means ESO is switching to "Buy to Play" with premium membership, offering premium players benefits of new in-game digital currency store, access to all DLCs and a 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration. The cost of premium membership is the same as the current subscription which starts at $14.99 for a 30-day period.
Console versions will be including The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ at launch which means console versions will not require subscription to play.Read more >
The latest the Road Ahead has been published. In the article, game director Matt Firor says they have done a lot since launch and the game is much better than it was at launch. In the future, they're bringing ESO to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015, and one of the largest updates (Update 6) will hit Public Test Server in January. In the meantime they'll continue bringing small patches to the game.
Update 6 will be including the Champion System and the Justice System, both have been discussing for a few months. The Champion System is a new post-level 50 system that aims to replace the Veteran System which will be including Champion Passives and many ability changes. For Justice System, they will introduce the PvE elements first, including the ability to steal from vendors, pickpocket and kill NPC. PvP elements of Justice System will be released when it's ready.
There's still no launch date for console versions of ESO but they are working steadily and they want to include Champion and J…Read more >
Zenimax Online Studios has announced the Six-Month Loyalty Reward, the Dwemer Sphere vanity pet, and it will soon be delivered via in-game mails to players who have subscribed for six months. This is the second Loyalty Reward for ESO players and the first one was the High Hrothgar Wraith for three-month subscribers in September. Read more here.
And staff confirmed in the official forum that they are working on making some improvements so that pets won't take up inventory spaces.
What's more, the Mudcrab Plush, which comes with a code of an in-game Rufous Mudcrab vanity pet, is for pre-sale in the Bethesda Merchandise Store and will be shipped on November 21st.Read more >
As reported by Polygon, Bethesda, the developers of the Elder Scrolls games, have announced they will have a partnership with Titan Books to make real physical books based on lore from The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
They are planned to come out on March 2015, and contain "specially commissioned, never-before-seen pieces of art" framed by "in-game lore".
More info can be found here from Polygon and here from the Official Bethesda blog.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. I: The Land
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. II: The Lore
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. I: The Histories
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. II: Men, Mer, and Beast
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. III: The Arcane
Update 5 is available for test on Public Test Server. This update offers improvements, changes, new features including:
- Veteran City of Ash
- Improved Facial Animations
- Veteran Rank Improvements
- Dungeon and Solo Scaling
- Undaunted Enclaves and Pledges
- Crafting Certification, Writs and Survey Reports
- New Crafting Style: Dwemer
- Chat Bubbles
- Skills Updates
- Dungeons and Quests Fixes
Full update list can be read here.Read more >
From IGN Sep 3rd, 2014 - Bethesda confirmed with IGN that Zenimax Online Studios, developer of has been hit by several layoffs.
Bethesda explained that they had initially built up their staff at the beginning and they saw the need to "adjust staffing" since the game is out and a community has been built, and the studio "continues to operate with a large work force."
For the future of , Bethesda said they "remained strongly committed to The Elder Scrolls Online," and they have planned expansion into important international territories.
Details of the layoffs are not revealed.Read more >
Matt Firor, game director of has put out the latest monthly update The Road Ahead - August 20. Here are the key features he mentioned:
- The migration of European megaserver is completed and they received reports of less latency.
- Combat has been tweaked to more responsive. More tweaks of combat system will be released in Update 5.
- They're actively dealing with exploits and cheats.
- Loyalty Program, a new feature that will give players special in-game rewards for spending their time subscribed to ESO, will be introduced later this week. Starting out with an Ice Wraith vanity pet.
- Update 4 will include:
- Upper Craglorn, the final region of Craglorn;
- the Serpent Trial, a new trial for a group of 12 players;
- the Dragonstar Arena, PvE event for a group of 4 players.
- Leaderboards will be wiped due to exploits in trials.
- Developers are working hard on Champion System, a system to replace Veteran system and encourages growth in players' characters for as long as they wish.
- More players are needed to help o…
Zenimax Online released an update 4 preview video of . Update 4, which will be launched in September, includes content of Upper Craglorn with its new Trial, the Dragonstar Arena and much more.Read more >
Australian television gaming show, Good Game last night aired their top 100 games of all time - as voted on by their fans.
I am very happy to announce that Skyrim was listed first of these.
If interested, you can see the full list of games in the top 100 here.
(Full video of the episode is available for free here).
Morrowind and Oblivion also made the top 100, coming in at 36th and 30th respectively.
I would like to point out though - this is without any mention of this vote here on our site. If it was - these results would have obviously been a lot higher.
And now, on a different note - I am sorry that I haven't been around much lately. The short version is that my daughter, Lilah, is much, much more of a handful than Ethan ever was, but there's a lot of other stuff happening as well. So ... sorry.
I'll try and get back here again soon.
P.s. On a personal gaming note though - i am disappointed that Fallout 3 was not at least in the top 5.Read more >
is now available on Steam. The Elder Scrolls Online is 50% off and The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition is 40% off till July 22nd. Players who buy the Imperial Edition before July 21st 9:59 AM PDT will receive a special pet, the Whiterun Wolfhound. Read more >
The The Elder Scrolls Online Development team has announced their plans for the game over July.
ZOS will be out in force with The Elder Scrolls Online at QuakeCon in Dallas from July 17th through the 20th. They'll have their own panel and there will be hands-on stations and a Q&A session. Some of the upcoming updates of Elder Scrolls Online will be discussed at QuakeCon.
The EU Megaserver will be migrated to Frankfurt data center between the last week of July and the first week of August.
Changes of Veteran rank system will continue and they will lead to a much more compelling high-level PvE experience.
- Phase 1: Lower difficulty in Veteran Zones. This change came to the live servers on July 7th with update patch 1.2.5.
- Phase 2: Remove the Veteran Point system, introduce the normal experience point system and increase the XP gained from PvP. This change will be applied over the summer.
- Phase 3: Introduce a completely new Veteran System based on new character customization and growth mechanic…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online Development team today announced their plans for the game over the coming month.
The following are some of the changes that will be made:
- Dragonknights are going to become gradually less overpowered in the interests of class balancing.
- Nightblades are going to become gradually more powered in keeping with the same class balancing.
- Anyone with a subscription will now be able to access the Public Test Servers, which will let you get access to the new updates before they are publicly released - including testing advanced veteran combat.
- Update Two (as they are calling it) will take place the "week
of June 23", and will include:
- Crypt of Hearts (Online) - a veteran dungeon for Veteran Rank 12 character, involving Nerien'eth the Lich.
- First-person Field-of-view changes
- More object-interaction - particularly the ability to pick up and equip weapons and armor found around the world. (Opinion: Maybe this will later include books too, since they appear quite a lot)
- More ongoin…
Read more >
Bethesda have revealed that the Xbox One and PS4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online have been delayed by about six months due to a series of platform unique problems. The delay will result in pushing the release date to around Christmas:
To make up for the delay, Bethesda is offering a deal that allows PC and Mac owners of the game to pick up a digital console copy for $20 if they’ve purchased the game by the end of June.
See elderscrollsonline.com for full details.
Read more >
Now that Elder Scrolls Online has been online for some time and we have many new editors flocking to this wiki I would like to take the opportunity to emphasize the guidelines we have for especially images taken from the game, but also remind everyone of the Policies and guidelines and our Style and formatting guide for making more professional articles.
Link to the full image policy.
At our wiki we do have some image standards, especially for character images.
- Images of characters should measure 600px W x 1000px H
- Images should be in .PNG format
- Images should be a full body image if possible
- Images should be taken without any environment distractions that would otherwise take the focus off the character if possible
- No UI on (User interface)
Now I know it is more difficult in to match some of the requirements as one can't stop the game, or use any commands as we can in the previous games. The character will not stand still as you wish, but mostly they are in some position when not being talk…
Read more >
To celebrate tomorrow’s worldwide launch of , Zenimax have released an infograph detailing some of the incredible stats and numbers that we can expect from the game. These include how many character variations you can make, the number of books you can read, and how many mudcrabs you’d need to kill to reach level 50!
Some of the numbers revealed absolutely dwarf what was present in , such as the NPCs and weapons, so it's safe to say our editors will truly have their work cut out for them!Read more >
In a few mere days before the launch of the much anticipated The Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax Online studio's has once again released an aritcle of a FAQ. The article details questions answered about the launch times of the games and important information on how every character the player makes is bound to the server they've chosen.
The following are the launch times for the 5 day Early Access scheduled to start March 30th*:
- North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT
- UK/IE:12:00 PM WEST
- Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST
- Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT
- Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT
Note: The 3 day early access follows the exact same schedule except it will start on April 1st.
The following are the launch times for the April 4 launching:
- North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd
- UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Friday, April 4th
- Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Friday, April 4th
- Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, Friday, April 4th
- Singapore: 7:00 AM SGT, Friday, April 4th
Hello fellow Elder Scrolls players! We hope your adventures are continuing to be fruitful and you aren't dying (too much).
With the release of The Elder Scrolls Online on the horizon, we wanted to make you aware of an opportunity coming down the line. We at Wikia have the chance to talk with Bethesda about the game, and we were wondering if you had any questions you wanted us to toss at them?
We now know who we'll be talking specifically with:
- Matt Firor, Game Director
- Paul Sage, Creative Director
- Nick Konkle, Lead Gameplay Designer
- Brian Wheeler, Lead PvP Designer
Obviously the usual caveats apply: while there may be a ton of questions, we won't be able to get to all of them, but we will try our very best to squeeze in as much as we can with whatever time we're given. And no questions about guppies.
Once we've gone through the interview, we'll be posting an Expert Showcase with the answers for your viewing pleasure!
To participate, just throw your questions into the comments section below.…
Read more >
C0DA, a 60+ page graphic novel written by former Bethesda employee and contract writer Michael Kirkbride was released today at 15:00 UTC. The novel is said to answer many long unanswered lore mysteries, such as the disappearance of the Dwemer, fate of Nerevarine, what is Landfall, the New Man and more. It also features unique artwork created by several talented artists however, as of writing, the artwork is missing but should be made available "any minute now".
The project has involved a lot of voluntary work, and will, therefore, be free to anyone with Internet access. C0da can be read here or downloaded as a PDF. In addition to the project, Michael Kirkbride has encouraged fans of the lore to create their own C0DA, or expand upon the work others, in what he has dubbed "the sequel to the Elder Scrolls Universe". See tomorrowindtoday.com for details.Read more >
Zenimax Online recently announced that they would release an 'Imperial' Collector's Edition of the game that would include various physical and digital bonuses.
The package comes in two forms: Physical and Digital. The Physical edition includes all the digital bonuses plus a Molag Bal Statue, a Map of Tamriel, and an Elder Scrolls Lore Book, referred to as 'The Emperor's Guide'
Both versions of the Imperial Edition include special Digital Bonuses, at the forefront of which is obviously the ability to play as a member of the Imperial race. This means that you will be able to play as an Imperial in any of the three alliances, and that armor and weapons will have a distinctive Greco-Romanesque design, which extends to crafted items. Also, players will be given a unique white horse ('cough' Shadowfax 'cough') mount and a Mudcrab vanity pet. Finally, Players will be allowed to 'marry' other players, so to speak: They can choose to bind themselves to each other and receive significant XP bonu…
Read more >
In a recent update by Matt Firor on Playstation Blog, he answers many questions that fans who are planning on playing ESO on PS4 have been wanting to know in a Q&A style blog. Read the entire post right here. The main highlights are:
- Players will not be required to have both a Playstation Plus membership and a subscription, only a subscription to ESO, in order to play online.
- The megaservers for PS4 will be seperate between North American players and European players.
- PC and Mac users will have seperate servers from the console servers. This also means that console players won't have higher level PC/Mac players to contend with when the game launches.
- Action Bars, while standard for PC's, will be incorporated differently on the PS4 controller. No exact details were given, but Firor comments "Abilities are conveniently accessible for fun "on the couch" gameplay, and the team is really happy with how its comming along."
- While not the same, there will be a few similarities between the control …
In a recent post on Bethesda Softwork's twitter account @Bethblog, the ESRB has "advised" them that they have given The Elder Scrolls Online a mature rating, despite Zenimax's desire to have the game rated teen. In the post, they say that "While we may disagree with ESRB's determination, we do not plan to challenge the rating, and we are unwilling to change the game's content to acheive a different rating." and acting accordingly, they will be adding the appropriate age gates as well as updating videos and advertisements to reflect the rating. You can read the full post here.
Also in a news page update, Zenimax Online has released a new video of a developer play session encompassing group PVE (Player vs. Environment) content, featuring commentary from Creative Director Paul Sage, Lead Gameplay Designer Nick Konkle, and Dungeon Lead Dan Grenshaw.
Edit: Additionally, ESO's voice cast has also been revealed. As star studed as you can expect any Elder Scrolls game to be, the caste includes:
In a special message from Game Director Matt Firor, the Elder Scrolls Online gets an official PC and Mac release date of Friday, April 4th, 2014. Playstation 4 and Xbox One console users can expect to see the game in June of 2014, with an exact date yet to be announced. Firor explains the motivations behind releasing the game first on PC and Mac, saying "...we need to do a staggered rollout of the different versions of the game to spread out the initial service load and ensure an enjoyable, smooth gameplay experience." and also comments "We long ago promised that as soon as a version of the game is ready, we will launch it." The full community message can be read here. And as another treat for fans, a brand new trailer showcasing all out PVP war. Enjoy!Read more >
ESO developer Zenimax Online, has once again released an informative video, this time detailing character progression. Lead gameplay designer Nick Konkle provide's commentary, describing how the system is arranged in a very traditional TES manner where leveling up through questing or finding skyshards awards 2 points, one to spend on a pool of resources (Health, Magicka, Stamina) called attribute points, and a skill point, which is how a player can further define a character by picking how their skills evolve over the course of the game. Watch the video, and don't forget to check the official news page to keep up to date on developer Q&A as well as the latest Tamriel Chronicle. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Zenimax Online has released a new article further describing the motivations behind why the team decided to go with a class based system, as well as the concept behind skill "morphing". Read it here.
UPDATE: Zenimax has also released an episode of "Ask us Anything" specifically for questions about s…
Read more >
Zenimax Online Studios recently released an interactive map of Tamriel.
Discover more about the world of and see new screenshots from each region. It also contains some snippets of in-game books and conversations relating to that particular region.
Many of the regions listed are already confirmed locations at launch. Locations such as Hegathe and Vvardenfell will appear after-launch.Read more >
4J Studios, the developers of Minecraft: Xbox 360 edition, have announced a Skyrim themed mash-up pack due for release in the near future.
Priced at $3.99/£2.69/€3.79, the mash-up features an exclusive Skyrim-centic texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and user interface, craftable items, and more than 20 iconic selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack.
In addition, the pre-set world recreates memorable areas including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow, but on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits.
For a full list of details, see the BethBlog.com
Read more >
Zenimax has recently released new details on the character creation process that highlights all of its diverse features. Zenimax's Jared Carr, the art director on ESO, narrates, going into detail on how the way the character looks can be a very important and personal thing for many players, and how the art team worked hard to make the process as detailed as possible. Watch the video and enjoy!Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online Emote contest is now over, and winners have been selected here. Here are the finalists:
- Honor/Dishonor: When you defeat an enemy in PVP, show them respect or dishonor, depending on how they were fighting.
- /Toast: Similar to the drinking emote, this one would enable characters to raise a toast to a quest well done, for instance.
- /Strategy: The character pondering what to do next, opening a map and considering various aspects of it.
- /Awe: Pretty self explanatory
Today, more information was released regarding . Here's a summary:
- Armor and weapons will have varied appearances, depending on race, and level progression with that weapon.
- Wildlife will appear in the game, and can be collected for hides and leather. Hunting will not be a skill.
- You will be able to play as several characters.
- Some armor sets will have set bonuses
- Each of the armor types will have skill lines, which will give a bonus for wearing more of a similar type of armor.
- Veteran Points are similar to XP, and your Veteran Rank goes up as you gain them.
- Veteran Points will grant stats and the ability to equip better gear, although with smaller increases than from leveling up your character.
- Soul Gems can be used to resurrect players in PvP. Soul Gems can be bought "at a premium". After further clarification, this means with in-game currency, not microtransactions.
- Sorcerers have a Summon Winged Twilight Ability.
- At first, this has a ranged attack only.
- Later, a morph choice, grants the abil…
Bethesda Softworks announced today that they are opening a new office in Sydney, Australia.
ZeniMax Australia Pty Ltd will be headed up by Simon Alty, former Managing Director of One to Another Pty Ltd. Alty will serve as marketing manager for Australia and New Zealand and his office will directly oversee sales, marketing, and distribution for all Bethesda titles in the region.Read more >
This week, ElderScrollsOnline.com answered some community based questions with regards to the Lore surrounding the game. The following is a summary of what was revealed:
- Lainlyn will indeed be in the game, as listed earlier in one of the Ask Us sections, of the Daggerfall covenant. However, it is called Tava’s Blessing at this time. Also, the Lainlyn Family will be present in the game, and the town is later named after them.
- Harpies will be in the game, and will exist in the Alik'r Desert.
- Orsinium will be featured in the game, as mentioned in a previous announcement.
- The Wrothgarian Mountains are ruled by King Kurog of Orsinium in the South, and various strongholds in the north.
- Reachmen will exist in the game (precursors to the Forsworn), and are hostile NPCs in High Rock, Hammerfell, Skyrim, and Cyrodiil.
- The Adamantine Tower can be seen from the shores of Iliac Bay.
- Orcs in northern Tamriel (i.e. Skyrim) may be seen in the various strongholds, but they do not get involved, unlike the Wro…