69 (full set)
18 (full set)
|Class: Light Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Void Salts|
|ID: Armor: 000FCC0E|
The Nightingale Armor is set of Light Armor given to the Dragonborn and Brynjolf by Karliah before performing the initiation ritual of the Nightingales during the Trinity Restored quest for the Thieves Guild. All of the armor pieces are obtained from a box with the Nightingales symbol emblazoned on it. It is possible to pickpocket the armor back from Karliah if the player has the applicable perk.When looking closely in 3rd person mode, the Dragonborn's eyes glow white, as do other characters with the armor.
The armor container in the developers' room (accessible on PC only; the command is
coc qasmoke) contains three sets of Nightingale Armor with varying armor ratings and enchantment strengths. The BaseIDs given are of the middle set.
Nightingale armor can be improved using void salts. There are six levels of improvement: Fine, Superior, Exquisite, Flawless, Epic and Legendary. When combined with a high light armor skill and perks, a high smithing skill, fortify smithing potions and enchanted smithing apparel this can easily exceed 567 armor rating (which is 80% damage reduction, the maximum damage reduction from armor available).
Attributes by piece
The armor's value and enchantments are dependent on the player's level when the mission: Trinity Restored is started - not when the armor is received.
|Nightingale Armor Level 1-18||34||12||1249||Increases your stamina by 20 points. Increases Frost Resistance by 15%.||0005db86|
|Nightingale Armor Level 19-31||1553||Increases your stamina by 30 points. Increases Frost Resistance by 30%.||000fcc0e|
|Nightingale Armor Level 32+||1949||Increases your stamina by 40 points. Increases Frost Resistance by 50%.||000fcc0f|
|Nightingale Boots Level 1-18||10||2||213||Wearer is muffled and moves silently. (0.25 points)||000fcc0c|
|Nightingale Boots Level 19-31||239||Wearer is muffled and moves silently. (0.5 points)||0005db85|
|Nightingale Boots Level 32+||5434||Wearer is muffled and moves silently. (35 points)||000fcc0d|
|Nightingale Gloves Level 1-18||10||2||819||Lockpicking is 15% easier. One-handed attacks do 15% more damage.||0005db87|
|Nightingale Gloves Level 19-31||1054||Lockpicking is 20% easier. One-handed attacks do 20% more damage.||000fcc10|
|Nightingale Gloves Level 32+||1294||Lockpicking is 25% easier. One-handed attacks do 25% more damage.||000fcc11|
|Nightingale Hood Level 1-18||15||2||804||Illusion spells cost 12% less to cast.||0005db88|
|Nightingale Hood Level 19-31||902||Illusion spells cost 15% less to cast.||000fcc13|
|Nightingale Hood Level 32+||969||Illusion spells cost 17% less to cast.||000fcc12|
- Nightingale Armor is unique as it is the only type of apparel, other than Ulfric's Clothes, Hammerfell Garb, and Vampire Royal Armor in the game to come with a cape.
- If the armor is worn on a Khajiit or an Argonian, the tail will clip through the cape. This applies to every suit of armor in the game.
- Sometimes, Nightingale armor can't be upgraded even when the player has a sufficient smithing skill, smithing perks and void salts. (This could possibly be a result of the player having the fine-cut void salts in their inventory, turning them in to captain of the ship in Dawnstar should fix the bug)
- Sometimes the coloring of the Hood will go and it will become white (PS3 confirmed (as well as Nightingale hoods worn by others), 360 confirmed but only when equipping in shadows, others need confirmation). Reinstalling the game seems to fix this. Turning the console off and then back on appears to work on PS3. Another way to fix this is to drop it on the ground during the day time and wait until night, pick it back up and equip it.
- While wearing the gloves, human and wood elf fingers skin tone will always look the same no matter the character's skin tone.
- There is a bug when you try to retrieve the armor this way, when you select the stone nothing happens.
- Argonian and Khajiit faces are shortened when wearing the hood and look like normal human head models.
- If the player obtains all smithing perks except for the last optional one, the Nightingale armor will only upgrade to flawless. Getting the last perk seems to fix this.
- mannequins in Proudspire Manor, then removing it, will sometimes result in a duplication of some of the pieces of the set. Giving the armor to one of the armor
- It's possible to use mannequins in Proudspire Manor to duplicate all pieces of the set. This only seems to work with the mannequin on the right. The mannequin on the left seems to not register the hood.
- When given to a follower who has heavy starting armor, it may not be able to get it back because it's "Your followers starting armor." The only way to get it back from the follower is to kill them and loot it back.
- To upgrade the set past flawless, enchanted smithing items/smithing potions and 100 smithing is required. This may depend on what level the character is when the player obtain the set. (Level 20+ requires 100 smithing+enchanted items)
- Replacing the Nightingale Hood with a Shrouded Hood still gives the set effect.
- Can be duplicated in the Dawnstar Sanctuary after buying the master bedroom upgrade from Delvin. Place the said armor duplicated into the inventory of the mannequin then take it back again (without leaving the inventory menu). leave the area. Come back and the duplicated armor should be there (minus any improvements that have been applied it. Also works in the house Honeyside and in house Vlindrel Hall
- Sometimes, the armor may dissapear if given to a dark brotherhood initiate. (Needs confirmation)