This piece, along with the rest of the set, is given by Karliah before performing the initiation ritual of the Nightingales during the quest "Trinity Restored". All pieces are obtained when activating the Armor Stone, emblazoned with the Nightingales symbol, inside Nightingale Hall.
The piece bears an enchantment, the magnitude of which is dependent on character level. Three tiers are available and the item with the strongest enchantment can be obtained after level 32. The character level when the quest "Trinity Restored" is started determines which tier will be granted.
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following bonuses:
- Fortify Illusion, x points
|1-18||15||2||804||Illusion spells cost 12% less to cast.||0005DB88|
|19-31||15||2||902||Illusion spells cost 15% less to cast.||000FCC13|
|32+||15||2||969||Illusion spells cost 17% less to cast.||000FCC12|
- When using the Slow Time shout, the eyeslit of the mask will stay dark, instead of gaining a light blue tint.
This section contains bugs related to Nightingale Hood. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The hood will turn a white/light gray (This is most likely the same bug that causes Dawnbreaker or any enchanting table to glow and it will almost definitely revert to its normal color given enough time).
- This can be fixed by putting the hood on a mannequin in a house, leaving the house, then re-entering the house and taking it off the mannequin and re-equipping it.
- Another solution may be to save the game then reload it.
- A third solution would be to drop it, then pick it up again and equipping it.
- Another solution is to enter a new area, or wait a couple of minutes. This does not always work.
- Restarting your system also works, this allows the texture to be re-applied (confirmed on PS3).
- Khajiit and Argonian faces may be trimmed down to look like normal human head models.
- When worn, if another hood is equipped already then both will be equipped, such as a Shrouded Cowl and Ancient Shrouded Cowl.
- If the Dragonborn has been blooded as a vampire with the Dawnguard expansion, the glowing pinpricks in the eyeslits can become huge when viewed from certain angles, encompassing and spilling out of the player's eye sockets.