- Ingun Black-Briar, an apprentice Alchemist in Riften, asks the Dragonborn to obtain twenty Nightshades to help restock her teacher's depleted supply. She also asks the Dragonborn to collect twenty Deathbell and twenty Nirnroot.
- Nightshade is a necessary ingredient for performing the Black Sacrament, a taboo ritual used to contact the Dark Brotherhood.
- Nightshade is sometimes left on the victims of Dark Brotherhood Assassins as a calling card.
- Indigenous to Elsweyr, Nightshade is grown by the Khajiit for use with Skooma brewing.
Nightshade are flowering plants that can be found throughout Skyrim, normally around cemeteries or graveyards.
- At least sixteen Nightshade plants can be found in Solitude.
- A Nightshade plant grows in the garden of the Alchemist's Shack.
- At least five Nightshade plants can be found in Hamvir's Rest.
- Six Nightshade plants can be found in the Riften cemetery.
- Ten Nightshade plants can be found in the Falkreath cemetery.
- Four Nightshade plants can be found in Cold Rock Pass, just below the entrance to Cold Rock Pass.
- One Nightshade can be found at Arcadia's Cauldron.
- Herluin Lothaire, the alchemist at The Thieves Guild has one Nightshade present. He restocks his inventory every few days, which allows Nightshade to be purchased again.
- A few Nightshade plants can be found in the garden of the Arch-Mage's Quarters inside the College of Winterhold.
- The water reservoir at the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary outside of Falkreath is ringed by three Nightshade plants.
- Found beneath the corpse of Astrid after the quest "To Kill an Empire."
- The Black Sacrament effigies at Black-Briar Lodge, the home of Aventus Aretino, Volunruud, and the Falkreath Sanctuary.
- Three Nightshade plants can be found behind Meeko's Shack.
- There are several (more than 10) Nightshade plants, a word wall, and a dragon priest inside Labyrinthian.
- Morthal, Alva's House; three can be found at the end table in the cellar.
- One by a tree on the edge of the swampy area across from the Solitude harbor.
- Three can be found at an intersection of the road leading to Markarth. Found at the south end of a large island located east of Markarth. There is a double bridge at that location.
- There are about three or four outside of High Hrothgar, to the left of the chest.
- Atleast five can be found around Serpent's Bluff Redoubt.
- Many Nightshade plants can be found within the Volkihar Great Hall and the Volkihar Courtyard.
- One Nightshade can be found just outside of Dragon Bridge next to the road headed northeast toward Solitude.
- Two Nightshade can be found outside the Dawnstar Sanctuary entrance, one on each side of the door.
- Main article: Potions (Skyrim)
|Damage Health||Damage Magicka Regen||Lingering Damage Stamina||Fortify Destruction|
† multiple effects
- The real-life equivalent of Nightshade stems from a family of flowering plants known as Solanaceae, which blooms on plants which produce potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplants.
- Atropa belladonna, commonly called "Deadly nightshade," is an herb which causes delirium and other hallucinogenic effects.