Nilsine Shatter-Shield is a young Florist in Windhelm. Daughter to Tova Shatter-Shield, she has outlived her twin sister, who was murdered by The Butcher. Every morning, she ventures to market and speaks with Niranye, then proceeds to wander the city, selling flowers from a basket.
Nilsine is an optional person to kill in the Dark Brotherhood quest Mourning Never Comes. Muiri tells the Dragonborn Nilsine cast her out, but she was not part of the agreement with Alain Dufont. Muiri will reward the Dragonborn greatly for Nilsine's death.
If the Dragonborn murders Nilsine, her mother commits suicide, discoverable upon entering the Shatter-Shield Manor.
If Nilsine is confronted with greetings from Muiri during "Mourning Never Comes" her response corroborates with what Muiri said about her. Alternatively, she becomes upset if the Dragonborn taunts her with the words, "Do you hear that? It's the sound of your sister, screaming in the Void."
If the Dragonborn remains silent, she will tell them to stop gawking at her like that and they are making her nervous. Her final words will be "I have nothing to say to you. Just leave me alone." regardless of what option is chosen.
- If Nilsine is killed by someone else, Muiri still offers a reward for her death.
- Even if Muiri has not been spoken to, the dialogue appears as if she has already given instruction to assassinate Nilsine.
- It is advisable not to kill Nilsine if the quest Blood on the Ice has not yet been started, as Tova's death may cause the quest to glitch and the bodies will never appear at the graveyard which will ultimately prevent the Dragonborn from purchasing Hjerim and become the Thane of Windhelm.
- Killing Nilsine with the Ebony Blade will upgrade it if Blood on the Ice has been completed by catching the real killer.
- There is a soundtrack that often plays in the draugr tombs and ruins of Skyrim, called "Shattered Shields".
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)