Every time the Dragonborn tries to speak to her, she says to not judge her. Her other dialogue would suggest that she is the daughter of Belyn Hlaalu, a farmer in Windhelm. It also appears that she borrows money from others to pay for her addiction; this is referenced in a conversation between her and Tythis.
Tythis: "Niluva, you promised you'd pay me back yesterday. So what's the story?"
Niluva: "Just give me a few more days and I promise I'll come up with it."
Tythis: "If you'd stop wasting your coin on that Skooma, you'd have enough gold to live on!"
Niluva: "Sorry, Tythis. I'll get it to you somehow."
Pushed too farEdit
Niluva: "Do you know what Indaryn told me? He said that if I'm late one more time, he's going to kick me out the door!"
Romlyn: "That swit. One day, he'll regret pushing all of us around!"
Niluva: "What do you mean?"
Romlyn: "All I'm saying is Indaryn's going to push too far one day and they're going to push back...hard."
- "So what if I have a problem? I know how to deal with it!"
- "Maramal thinks he's so smart, tells me that Mara will cleanse the filth from my blood. Ha! What does he know?"
- "My n'wah of a father thought he could pull my strings.. "Continue the Hlaalu tradition." Bah I left all that nonsense behind."
- "If Indaryn finds out, he'll have me thrown out of the Meadery for certain. So don't breathe a word of it to him. Not a word!"
- "Oh what am I going to do? I can barely afford to stay at the bunkhouse."
- "I'm going to stop. That's what I'm going to do! Then everyone will see that I'm not as useless as they think."