In general, she seems to be ambitious and overly confident in her own leadership abilities, often and openly criticizing Savos Aren as Arch-Mage. Her tone changes to be flattering and self-promoting when the Dragonborn becomes Arch-Mage, saying "I'm sure you've made note of who's been the most helpful during your time here, arch-mage." despite doing nothing to assist the Dragonborn throughout the College's questline.
She is also shown to be paranoid towards Faralda, accusing her of jealousy and spreading rumors about her. Faralda herself shows no sign of animosity towards her or even acknowledges Nirya's aggressiveness. However, if Nirya is killed, a letter from Faralda is received, saying that she knows the Dragonborn killed her, but that she won't tell anyone.
- Her name is very similar to Narya, one of the elven rings from The Lord of the Rings series, and to Palonirya, an Altmer clothing store owner from Oblivion.
- When asked about Ancano, Nirya says, "Although I do not trust him, he is handsome."
- She has a different voice actress when asked about Ancano.
- Attempting to pickpocket the robes she is wearing displays a 0% chance to steal.
This section contains bugs related to Nirya. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Arch-Mage. Activating the quest-follower targets Nirya as Quest-goal with no way to end this miscellaneous quest; the conversational options stay the same.
Being prompted to join the College even after achieving the rank of
setstage MG01Pointer 200 Open the console and type:
- Open the console and type:
- At times, she will completely ignore her schedule and instead follow the player whenever they are in a close range to her, but not at a distance. When the player is further away, she will remain in the area she stopped at indefinitely.