The Vestige meets Norgred at the side of the road near Quarantine Serk. Dazed and confused, he asks the Vestige where he is. Norgred explains to the Vestige that he was escorting a witch to the city of Narsis. The witch got playful with him, but because he is married, he turned her down. He doesn't remember anything after that, but blames the witch for both the loss of his axe and his pants. The Vestige is tasked with finding both. After completion of the quest, it becomes apparent that Norgred did not escort a witch, but was infact just very drunk.
The Vestige is tasked with finding Norgred Harhelm's axe and pants, which he supposedly both lost to a witch.
"My head. Where am I?"
- What are you doing out here? And why aren't you wearing any pants?: "No pants? Oh, let me think. I was escorting a witch to Narsis. She got frisky, but I'm a married man. After that, my memories get hazy. I think she cast a spell on me and took a valuable axe. It's been in my wife's family for generations."
- Sounds like you have a problem: "My wife'll kill me if I lost her axe. My head! Hey, you could find that screeching witch and get the axe back. I think we had a small camp nearby. I'll catch up to you after my head stops hurting."
"If I come back without that axe, Evigna will never forgive me. And her mother—she'll give me that look"
- What look?: "The one that says her daughter married a fool. Well, Norgred Hardhelm is no fool! A witch cast a spell. That's the only explanation for why that axe left my hands."
"My wife! What about the witch? Oh gods, I need to get back that axe."
- Here's the axe. I found it in a house surrounded by plague husks: "I think I remember fighting those husks. But thanks for finding the Axe of Halmer Stormhand. I don't like it when Evigna gets upset. She gets very loud."
- Speaking of loud, I think I hear your wife coming now: "These don't look like my pants, but thank you for finding the axe. I wish I could find that witch and teach her not to tangle with Norgred Hardhelm!"
- Norgred may be a reference to Botrir, a Nord who appears in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Both his armor and axe were taken by a witch, and the Nerevarine is tasked with returning both.