|Location||North-west of Shor's Stone|
Northwind Summit is a dragon's lair located northwest of Shor's Stone and south southwest from Cragslane Cavern. It can be reached by going through Northwind Mine or by going northwest of Shor's Stone and climbing to the peak of the nearby mountain. It has a Word Wall containing a word for the Aura Whisper shout. Note that there is a dragon waiting on the word wall to attack.
Due to this Dragon being asleep while perched upon the word wall, it's possible to 1-hit kill it with a dagger sneak attack to its exposed tail - provided the Dragonborn has the appropriate gear and perks.
Another strategy is to simply use the second building (to the right of the word wall) as cover to conjure an Atronach while repeatedly using a bow. The rocks across from the first building can be used as cover with the same tactic.
Another possibility is to fight the dragon using Firebolt or Ice Spike, while dualcasting, because with the perk Impact, it may stagger the dragon. This way, it's easy to defeat any dragon or dragon priest, as long as the spells are timed correctly.
- A chest located in front of the wall to the right that contains valuable loot. This chest may also possibly contain Meridia's Beacon.
- Another chest (Adept-locked) in the second building to the right of the wall.
- An Orichalcum ore vein over the hill behind the Word Wall.
- A Moonstone ore vein to the left of the word wall from the mine.
- Smelter - to the right (west) of the word wall, between the first and second buildings.
- Bounty quests
- Find the source of power in Northwind Summit (Letter from a Friend)
- Find the Word of Power in Northwind Summit
- The Word Wall can give the Dragonborn the shout twice. This will also lead to the word wall glitch in Valthume and/or Volunruud if the Greybeards still say there is a word there.
The shack near the Word Wall can be found sunk into the ground, which makes it impossible to enter. The chest is still accessible, but the skeleton inside is constantly moving and makes a constant rattling sound.
- It is possible to resolve this glitch by fast traveling away and then back to the location.
- There have been reported occasions in which the Dragon does not attack, but instead simply stares at the Dragonborn.
- If the Dragonborn is in the shack with the Adept-locked chest while the dragon is crash-landing, he or she can become trapped inside by the raised-up dirt. The only way to resolve this is to reload a save.
- Sometimes, when the dragon crash-lands, it may land inside of the mountain. This will make it impossible to get its soul or any loot it may be carrying.