He was once a scout who fought in the Great War, and claims he was on the battlefield when the Aldmeri attacked Anvil. During that battle, he was injured, losing his eye, and left by his comrades for dead. Due to his injury, he could no longer make a living and now lives destitute in Solitude.
He possesses extensive knowledge of the wilderness and is willing to share that knowledge with the Dragonborn if a prized helmet he lost can be recovered.
- Do a favor by retrieving Noster's Helmet from a cave (chosen randomly from a list of 3 caves near Solitude).
- Giving him 1 grants the Dragonborn The Gift of Charity blessing (+10 Speech for 1 hour).
- If the player drops armor in front of him after completing his quest he will politely point out that it has been dropped and ask if it's wanted any longer. If the player says no, he will ask if he can have it. If the player says yes, he will then say, "no one will hurt me anymore" and pick the armor up.
- He is the Empire's equivalent of Angrenor Once-Honored. Both fought in the Great War, both lost their careers to an injury, and both now live in either the Stormcloak or Imperial Capital of Skyrim, as Beggars
- After completing the quest to retrieve Noster's Helmet he's never seen wearing his helmet. However, he may keep it as a memento.
If not started when you first speak to him, the quest to find his helmet may never become available.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)