King Olaf kept the dragon in captivity as a personal pet in Dragonsreach, which was built to house the humiliated beast.
Paarthurnax tells the Dragonborn that he would visit Numinex during his imprisonment, and that Numinex was so lonely and disturbed by his captivity that he could not remember his own name. It is not explained how Paarthurnax was able to visit Numinex and escape without notice, nor does he offer any reason why he did not attempt to free Numinex from captivity.
After Numinex died, his head was removed and placed above the Jarl of Whiterun's throne, where it remained to be displayed for several years, at least during the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Numinex is the subject of Skyrim's first revision to King Olaf's Verse during the end of the quest "Tending the Flames". Depending on the player's decision, they can claim one of three possibilities for Olaf's victory: that Olaf captured Numinex while he was asleep; that Olaf made some sort of deal with the dragon; or that Olaf was Numinex himself masquerading as a human. While the third is a falsehood and is marked as such by a "Persuade" tag, it is unknown if either of the other two answers holds any truth.
- Dragons in The Elder Scrolls are immortal; however, the suggestion seems to be that Numinex died in captivity, rather than being slain in battle. His cause of death is still unknown. It is unknown whether he could have been resurrected by Alduin during the events of Skyrim because, unlike other deceased dragons, his remains are not easily accessed. Numinex's head is the only known piece of his remains to still exist, so it is unknown if Numinex can be resurrected without the rest of his bones.
- Numinex's name can be seen in King Olaf One-Eye's plaque on the wall outside of the Palace of the Kings in Windhelm. Although the text is barely readable, it can be assumed the plaque describes how King Olaf defeated the dragon.
- A discussion of the different accounts of Olaf's conquest of Numinex can be read in the in-game book Olaf and the Dragon.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)