Administrators or Sysops are editors with extended rights that help them contribute to and modify the site. Administrators are chosen by the community, and granted their powers by a Bureaucrat. They are normally promoted for life, although they have the right to decline their rights, or step down at any time. Administrators are expected to help other users when necessary and guide or correct them when necessary. Alongside their added tools and abilities, administrators are held to the same editing standards as other editors and are expected to follow the same guidelines and standards of style as everyone else. Because of this, administrators are not beyond the rules of the wiki and can be demoted from their position if consensus deems it necessary.
Bureaucrats are administrators with the added ability to grant access rights to other users, based on consensus. In addition to this tool, Bureaucrats have access to all of the same functions and tools as administrators. Other duties facilitated by Bureaucrats include the crafting of policy and help pages and contributing to the skeletal structure behind the scenes of the wiki, such as the editing of the MediaWiki namespace. As with administrators, Bureaucrats are elected by the community. Unlike administrators, which can be removed from their user rights groups by a Bureaucrat, the tools of a Bureaucrat can only be removed by Wikia Staff.
Administrative functions include:
- Deleting and un-deleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Monitor IRC and moderate when needed.
- Demonstrate good editing standards in formatting and content.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
Pages administrators should keep an eye on
- Deletion Candidates - If a page has been on there for over 7 days, without any opposition, it should be deleted. It cannot be deleted by the person who proposed it for deletion.
- Uncategorized Pages - All pages on the wiki should be categorized.
- Orphaned Pages - All pages on the wiki should be linked by something else on the wiki.
- Other Maintenance Pages
How do I use administrator tools?
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
- Nominees may not nominate themselves
- Must be nominated by an active admin
- Minimum of 1,000 main space edits (excludes forum, blogs, talk pages, and user pages)
- Knowledgeable of the Elder Scrolls series.
- Knowledgeable of editing, templates, categorization i.e.
- Serve as a community role model
- Assist new editors by answering queries or performing tasks
Exceptions to these rules can be made, but never assume you are the exception to the rules.