Administrators or Sysops are editors with extended rights that help them contribute to and modify the site. Administrators are chosen by the community, and granted their powers by a bureaucrat. They are normally promoted for life, although they have the right to decline their rights, or step down at any time. Administrators are expected to help other users when necessary and guide or correct them when necessary.
Administrative functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Monitor IRC and moderate when needed.
- Demonstrate good editing standards in formatting and content.
Who are this wiki's administrators?Edit
Pages administrators should keep an eye onEdit
- Deletion Candidates - If a page has been on there for over 7 days, without any opposition, it should be deleted. It cannot be deleted by the person who proposed it for deletion.
- Uncategorized Pages - All pages on the wiki should be categorized.
- Orphaned Pages - All pages on the wiki should be linked by something else on the wiki.
How do I use administrator powers?Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
- There are currently no open nominations.
- Nominees may not nominate themselves
- Must be nominated by an active admin
- Minimum of 1,000 main space edits (excludes forum, blogs, talk pages, and user pages)
- Knowledgeable of the Elder Scrolls
- Knowledgeable of editing, templates, categorization i.e.
- Serve as a community role model
- Assist new editors by answering queries or performing tasks
Exceptions to these rules can be made, but never assume you are the exception to the rules.