His daughter, Evette San, takes care of him. Critical of his age, he drinks and gambles heavily. Due to his gambling problems, he has accumulated a large sum of debt, and if the Dragonborn helps pay off his debt he offers Two-Handed training.
Octieve San asks the Dragonborn to convince Irnskar Ironhand waive his debts.
Cleaning the houseEdit
Octieve: "Maybe. I'll see if I feel like it."
Evette: "I'm on my feet all day. Can you please do this one thing for me?"
Octieve: "Sure, whatever."
In my time of meadEdit
Evette: "At the market, father."
Octieve: "Well, did you bring back any mead?"
Evette: "I barely make enough for us to eat as it is, father. You can't just drink it all away."
Octieve: "Humph. Some daughter you are."
- "Aren't you... embarrassed?" ― Octieve San's response when the Dragonborn attempts to start dialogue with him while not wearing clothes.
- "Being old's not so bad. Daughter keeps me fed, and my working days are done."
- "I'm too old to work, but that don't make me too old to drink."
- "Got nothin' better to do than bother an old man?"
- "You want know the one truth I've learned in all my years? Life's too hard to face sober."
- "Y... Yes?" - Said with a stutter.
- "You want something from me?"
- Octieve San is a Breton, while Evette San, Octieve San's daughter, is a Nord. This may be an oversight, or it may be that Evette's mother and Octieve's wife was a Nord, or Octieve is not her biological father.
- If the Dragonborn kills Evette San, then it is likely that he will send hired thugs in response.
- Should Octieve die after being helped, he will leave an inheritance of 100 .